Seasoned Revisioners

Cheryl J.
on 6/22/07 6:52 am
Eve, I understand what you are saying, at least I think I do. But, I didnt say weight loss is easy. Weight loss is never easy for anyone to say the least. My belief is that surgery makes weight loss a lot easier than conventional dieting. It gave me a HUGE chance to lose over 100lbs. Honestly, I wouldnt been able to lose that much weight with diet programs. One may be risking their life on the operating table, but you are risking your life even more so when you steadily gain weight to the point that you could die.   My quality of life has improved because I had WLS. But everyone has a right to their own opinion. And thats all it is, an opinion! Cheryl
SFCynthia
on 6/21/07 5:37 am - San Francisco, CA
No, I am not offended in any way.  What kind of revision did you have? And yes, the surgery is not fool proof in any way...any kind of surgery.  I was able to keep all the weight off for the first 3 years, but began to slowly creep back up a couple years ago. I jus****ched the TV show, "I eat 33,000 calories a day" on TLC last night.  It was pretty eye opening. Bottom line...if you are taking in more calories then you are burning...you are going to gain...pre or post op. They are starting a new drug study at University of California, San Diego.  It is to combine the two drugs Naltrexone and Bupropion to see if they can help people lose weight.  I am going to ask my PCP when I see her next week about trying it on my own. I'm a grazer, and a sugar addict.  And I don't like exercise, and my stomach has stretched out....so up and up I go.... I have cut down on the sugar.  I don't bring it in the house anymore.
Most Active