New here with revision questions: RNY to DS?

waverleigh
on 5/26/07 8:36 am - Albuquerque, NM

Hello.  I haven't posted here before but I am pretty active on the RNY board.

I had Lap RNY on 2/13/07 so I'm only 3 months out.  But out of 12 weeks, 9 of them have been miserable.  I have had 2 strictures, horrific constapation, and great deal of nausea.  I have only dumped once, and that was when I was eatingsomething I KNEW better **** cream) but I am pretty compliant on my diet.  I have lost 80 lbs, in 3 months so my weight loss is good.

The reason I am even CONSIDERING a revision is because my quality of life is just as bad if not WORSE than before.  Yes I can move better ,and my clothes hang on me like a bag lady, but I feel so horrible I STILL don't go out and do the things I want to.  I'm STILL hiding from life.

Being ravenously hungry, then eating, then being so nauseated I have to go tobed for 2 hours ,before getting up and feeling sick again.  In order to be treated for the strictures I have to drive  7hours and wait around in the Denver ER for an endoscopy and dilitation.

I am JUST beginning my research on revisions and if anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Is there a standard minimum amt of time before you can have one?  Is chronic nausea and strictures considered a good enough reason?  Does one have to have weight gain before you will even be considered?  and what is an average self pay cost of having a revision RNY to DS?

I'm looking at going to Lubbock or Phoenix if I have it ,so if anyone has any suggestions, comments, concerns or anything ,PLEASE feel free to share it with me.

Thank you all so much!

Rachel

GrannyLaLa
on 5/27/07 4:04 pm - South,, AR

There is a DS board that can answer your questions.  I'm not sure if you need to do a DS or just reverse your RnY at this point. Good luck.

Glitter Text

lololora
on 5/30/07 2:38 am
Hang in there.  It does get better.  That first six months wasn't much fun for me as well.  By one year out I was so glad that I had my lap RNY.  I hope your doctor has a support group that you can attend.  Best wishes.
Dieselkitty
on 9/7/07 11:31 am
So true!  It can be like hell in the beginning...you are only 3 months out and your body is still adjusting to this; give it some time and you will probably be okay.
Most Active