"prominent gastric pouch"

Renee M.
on 5/19/07 1:49 am
Hi everyone,    I'm 4.5 years post op and have been having some bad pain in my upper left side, and have been able to eat a lot more than usual.  Last year when I went in to have my gallbladder surgery, I asked beforehand if he could do an endoscope during thes procedure.  I have no idea the "exact measurements" of the pouch because I haven't got my records from that hospital yet. I know I have a lot of adhesions and scar tissue and that could be the source of my pain... but that still wouldn't explain why I'm able to eat like a normal person.  In the last month, I have had a "normal"  CT scan, and  I had an upper GI on thursday (I had my pcp order it) and even though I said I was wanting them to check my pouch size and stoma, there is not one word about that on the report they wrote up.  In the time from getting my gallbladder out until now, I have gained about 20 lbs.  13 of those have been in the last 2 weeks. and I didn't do anymore eating than usual during that time.  I'm really scared about this...I don't want to keep gaining weight, and I have a feeling the Drs will never know what is causing all the pain in my left side. The only thing the upper GI results said was "prominent gastric pouch" - I'm having a hard time udnerstanding whether they mean it's big and sticking out, or if it was just obvious that I'd had gastric byass surgery. My bmi is like 37, so I', doubting  insurance will cover a revision as long as everything looks ok on theses tests.  I might need to have a new scope done or something, but my original surgeon has moved over 6 hrs away from here.   Have any of you had an upper gi that came back and said something about a "prominent" pouch?  Thanks. Amanda
Most Active