endoscopy resizing of pouch/stoma

FlowerDogsMom
on 5/13/07 6:42 am - Beloit, WI

There was a message about a new procedure... FYI, Univ of Chicago has started resizing the stoma and pouch via endoscopy - no incisions, non-invasive. Dr. Alverdy said it's called the rose procedure. This is NOT the scarring procedure. Has anyone else tried this? I'm thinking of having it done. Thanks Katherine

deeno
on 5/14/07 2:15 am - Kokomo, IN
Hi I'm scheduled for sclerotherapy on May 25.  My dr. suggested that there were alot of new things coming up in the area of stoma resizing.  I'll ask about the rose procedure when I go in. The idea of shrinking the stoma makes perfect sense.  I'm very excited about having the procedure done.  Doc said weight loss would be much slower--1 to 2 pounds a week--but hey, sure beats gaining.  Plus, I want to put a stop to my poor eating, and I know mentally and physically this will get me in gear. Deeno
Beachbumm
on 5/15/07 4:33 am - Someplace, LA
Deeno Hi, could you tell me, is the doctor that is going to do the procedure (the sclero) is he your surgeon or is he a gastroenterologist?  I tried to get my surgeon to put in a lap band since I have been regaining weight from my RNY but i do not meet the BMI requirements...   AAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHH I am not heavy enough but I have regained 50 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyhow, I had to vent.....sorry. Thanks!  Lorri
deeno
on 5/15/07 11:54 pm - Kokomo, IN
Hi Lorri The doctor doing my sclero (Dr. Baker) is not my original surgeon.  Dr. Baker DOES do gastric bypass surgeries, too, but mine was done in Indianaoplis by Dr. Cacucci.  Unfortunately, no one in my area does this procedure, so I'm going to Michigan for it. Sounds like you would qualify for this. Good luck! Deeno
Beachbumm
on 5/15/07 11:58 pm - Someplace, LA
Thanks!!
Debra F.
on 6/4/07 8:53 am - Tuscumbia, AL

Where in Chicago are you going to have it done.  I live in alabama and really dont want my surgeon to touch me again. She was ok but dont trust the long term with her.  Apparently since I havent been back to her in 3 years and had my surgery 5 years ago.  Would definetly travel to Michigan for it since I live in Alabama and what is the drs full name and #.  Also  is insurance covering this, if not how much is it? Thanks, Debbie

KRWaters
on 5/27/07 11:40 pm - Manteca, CA
So you had the sclerotherapy on 5/25?  Please let me know how it went and how you are doing. I am trying to find out if my surgeon will do it for me.  Originally his office staff said he won't, but I have been  in touch with the PA and she said she would run it by him again. I also told the PA about the Rose procedure and something else called stomaphyx which is supposed to be starting in the US in June. Have you heard of that?

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Most Active