New procedure for gastric bypass patients who have not lost all their weight or are regaining

cheyenne16
on 5/10/07 9:16 am - Post Falls, ID
Sure - here's his information - tell them Cheyenne told you to call:
Surgical Weight Loss Center of Nevada

Dr. Barry Fisher

3802 Meadows Lane

Las Vegas, NV 89107

Phone:(702) 313-THIN (8446)

thanks, Diane Cheyenne

piah
on 5/10/07 9:02 am
I was wondering if anyone knew of a Doctor in NYC that was performing sclerotherapy.
Cheryl J.
on 5/16/07 7:00 am
I have been searching myself to see if there's a local doctor performing this procedure. Does anyone know if what the criteria is to get this procedure. I was turned down by Mt. Sinai due to my BMI. Mt Sinai are looking for a BMI of 40.
piah
on 5/16/07 8:20 am
Exactly the situation when I contacted Mt.Sinai. I haven't been able to find a Dr. in NYC as of yet performing it.
Cheryl J.
on 5/16/07 9:35 am
I contact Dr. Alverdy & Dr. Fisher and left messages. I will keep you posted. I also contacted the company that created Stomaphyx. They said that there aren't any doctors that are trained in the USA to perform the procedure. So what procedures are Drs. Alverdy & Fisher doing? The bootleg version,lol! I am concerned that Cheyenne said other Bariatric surgeons said the sclerotheraphy doesn't work. I can'y find any Drs in NY that perform that procdedure anyway. I would have to go to Grand Rapids, MI.   http://www.endogastricsolutions.com/index.php?submenu=Home&s rc=
Caroline69
on 5/10/07 11:11 am - Tucson, AZ
Thanks so Much Diane
FlowerDogsMom
on 5/11/07 1:58 pm - Beloit, WI
Dr. Alverdy with Univ of Chicago just suggested the endoscopy procedure for me. I've been searching the internet for the past 5 hours trying to get more info. He said it's called the Rose Procedure - where they resize the pouch and tighten the stoma. I can't find anything written under this name. Thanks for the explanation from Mount Sinai.  I had RNYGP and lost 80 pounds - all of which I regained. My stoma is equally as large as my pouch - all my food gets to my intestines within 15 mins. I've been trying to manage this situation for the past 5 years without further surgery. But, I've gotten to a point where I think I have to have something done. I'm thinking about this procedure.  Thanks, Katherine
Cheryl J.
on 5/18/07 6:42 am

I just got off the phone with Dr. Alverdy's nurse, Judy. She said he is speakng with a representative this week in regards to the procedure. And that he will start this procedure within the next couple of months.  She said to call her in about a month. I am concerned that I still wont be a candidate because my BMI isn't high enough.

cheyenne16
on 5/11/07 11:41 pm - Post Falls, ID
I've talked to several people in the field of Bariatrics who say that Shlerotherapy does not work.  This new procedure called Stomaphyx actually reduces the size of the pouch more in line with how we were after gastric bypass surgery.  Our pouches stretch after some time due to the type of skin we have or abuse by ourselves from drinking carbonated beverages or over filing our pouches.  Stomaphyx is BRAND NEW and will not be performed in the USA until next month.  Don't confuse this new procedure with any of the old ones. Cheyenne
FlowerDogsMom
on 5/13/07 6:39 am - Beloit, WI
The procedure I've been advised about is through endoscopy - the rose procedure - during which your stoma and pouch are resized through sutures (boy that doesn't look spelled right.).
Most Active