lap band to RNY

tlloyd
on 4/16/07 1:59 pm - Nampa, ID
Has anyone out there had a revision from lap band to RNY?
covingtono
on 4/18/07 9:40 pm - Williamstown, NJ
 Hi. I had my lapband removed last  week due to lack of weight loss (lost about 20 lbs. since '04, gained it all back), as well as the fact that it gave me an ulcer. I am scheduled to have the bypass sometime in June.  My surgeon agreed to do it in 2 parts to reduce the trauma to the surrounding organs.
tlloyd
on 4/19/07 10:08 am - Nampa, ID
I had about the same experience with the lap band except I didn't get an ulcer. I am scheduled for revision this Tuesday. My doc said revisions don't do as well as first time surgery, but I am thinking positive and that any is better than I did with the band!
covingtono
on 4/19/07 11:32 pm - Williamstown, NJ
I take it your revision is being done all in one shot. Please let me know how everything goes. The very best of luck to you. Hopefully, i'm right behind you.
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/07 1:23 pm - Big Sky Country, ID
Hi there from Caldwell.  I'm just cruising the boards tonight.  I'm sorry your lap band didn't work for you.  I love mine.  They would have a fight on their hands to ever get it away from me.  I hope your RNY goes well for you.  I'll keep you in my prayers. Dee
mish
on 4/20/07 1:36 pm - Baltimore, MD
I had just the opposite done.  RNY i***** regain over the years, lap band in 1/06.  This was the best choice for me.  I really wish you luck with your revision and hope you attain the weight loss you so much deserve!

Mish

4/94:  RNY start weight:   258 lbs.                              
 1/06:  Lap band start weight:  189 lbs. 
  6/07:  122 lbs. size 6
Susan G.
on 4/27/07 12:29 pm - Roanoke, TX
Hi!  I am one week out from having a revision from lap band to RNY.  I was banded over 4.5 years ago and was very successful for the first 2 years.  I lost over 100 lbs.  However, I developed severe gastric reflux and couldn't retain a fill.  I spent the next year getting fills/unfills, never being able to maintain a fill.  I was on protonix for two years, and with an empty band, I still had reflux.  I gained most my weight, all but about 30 lbs.   Last week, I had my band removed and a revsion to RNY.  I feel great.  I've lost 12 lbs so far.  Susan 

Peace and friendship with all mankind is our wisest policy and I wish that we may be permitted to pursue it.....  Thomas Jefferson
Lap Band: 09/19/02     Revision to RNY: 04/19/07

Nicole *.
on 4/28/07 11:42 am
I got the Lap-Band surgery done July 01, lost and gained 100 lbs over the next 5 years and got a Lap-Band to RNY revision surgery done May 19th 2006. I have lost 141 lbs to date and it’s going amazingly. Please check out my profile. It’s kind of long but there is a lot of good non-sugar-coated experiences in it. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
ljtsullivan
on 5/9/07 8:44 am - Olympia, WA
Nicole;  you are an inspiration!  I read your profile and you have renewed by faith in the process!!  Thank you thank you you have made my day!  Lisa
ljtsullivan
on 5/9/07 8:11 am - Olympia, WA
I also had the lap band done in early 2003 and went from 260 and reached 206 at the smallest.  I developed serious reflux and have had all of the fluid out for quite a while.  I am now very seriously considering the revision to the Gastric Bypass.  I have never had reflux like this until I had this surgery and for that reason also I would like to have this band taken out.  I have felt like a failure for gaining my weight back but as much as I hate to see others hurting I am glad I am not alone.  I have the consult for my revision on June 25th.  I am curious to know how quickly it is to have the revision and if anyone has felt any consequences.  I appreciate all the postings here!  Lisa in Washington
Most Active