Having Sclerotherapy on Stoma...

William G.
on 5/7/07 3:42 am - nashville, TN
Theresa, I appreciate your post...I am 5 years post-op and since december have gained 20 lbs...mostly because I decided to quit smoking finally...well, the 20 lbs comes on top of the 15 I have gained very very slowly over the past 3 years...and I was fine with the original 15 as long as it stayed there...but now I am really concerned.  I have an appointment tomorrow with my surgeon and will discuss this with procedure with him. I have never heard of it and am really interested. The dissapointing thing is that I never excercised after the gastric bypass, till december when I quit smoking...I am in better cardio shape than ever before, stronger than ever, but gaining weight! Please update us all on your progress...Best of luck with the procedure!! Bill
Beckie T.
on 4/24/08 12:59 pm - Palmdale, CA
I'm doing research on the Sclerotherapy.  How did that work for you?  Your posts were last year.  Is the news still the same or is there more stuff out there now. I'm 3.5 years out and have gained back 30 lbs. Where did you go to have it done?
Theresa W.
on 4/24/08 10:27 pm - Northern Lower, MI
Well, I hate to say that it did not help me in the long run.  For a while, it was a little more restrictive, but did not stay.  Had a second treatment, which I understand is pretty common, but still only helped for a bit.  I know there are newer ways they are doing it now...Have thought about it, but still thinking.  I hate to say I have gained almost 60 lbs back from lowest.  I'm still ahead about 75 lbs., but I sure don't want to gain THEM back too!  If you hear of anything working better, please let me know too.  Best of luck to you!  Theresa

Most Active