A VBG TO A RNY

Indianaangiegirl
on 4/3/07 3:01 am - Mishawaka, IN
Has anyone had this done and if so how are you doing? I am having revisional On apirl23, 2007
Dawn K.
on 4/3/07 2:14 pm - Clermont, FL
Hi, make sure the doctor you have has did many revisions from the band vbg. I had the vbg done in november of 2000 and October 25th 2006 i had a revision and five months later here I am can't eat or drink. I have a hole in my stomach as well as a fiscula that drains. I had five drain tubes at one point. I was in the hospital for 18-19 days in November. I have had one after another upper gi's and I still am leaking and have a hole in my stomach. There was scar tissue and mesh from the vbg surgery and when he went to do th erevision this caused a problem and tore my stomach. I have to go to mayo clinic in Minnesota but my surgeon is fighting with my insurance as they don't want me to go there. We had United healthcare and as of March 1st went to cigna because my husbands worked changed healthcare coverage, nothing on our part, but they were way better. I wish you all the luck, I never thought this would happen to me. Aftyer the revision I was in the er less than a week later with a absess in my stomach and all most died then I had fluid around my lungs they had to drain and I had all kinds of stoff hooked up too me, it was terrible, I seen the white light and happy to say I am a live. I was told because I was healthy and my age saved me. Several of the 5 doctors I eneded up having said I was lucky to be a live. It's scary I never thought this would happen, my body heals fast and my first surgery the vbg and then two years later my tummy tuck I never had any problems and healed super fast and all went well. At my revision I weighed 202 or so and then with the tube feedings in the hospital I went to 211 but now am doen to 160. I don't want to lose anymore weight I want to be healthy and have my life back. I miss my life. I had a staple line disruption and would also vomit from food displasia with the vbg. I did have a great sucess with the band I lost 157 pounds and kept all of it off but 40 pounds or so in the last two years or so. I was working out 4-5 times a week and also no more than 1000 calories a day and could not lose 1 pound after a year consuletd with surgeon and found out about the band problems and had the revision to rny....Bless you and good luck. Dawn Kowarsch, Clermont, Florida

Dawn_Rose_SIGGY.jpg

Deb *.
on 4/17/07 4:06 am

I had my original VBG done in 1992 and ultimately had the staple line open up into my stomach, so I managed to put back on the 125lbs i had lost plus 200-250 more. I had it revised to RNY on 3/22/07, and am doing great so far.  I'm 3 weeks out, have lost 24lbs since surgery.  Still on soft foods & full liquids but am back to work and getting my energy back slowly.

I'd be happy to chat with you about my experience if you want to PM me.

Debbi

Most Active