BPD.???

stevearms1
on 3/12/07 11:38 am
Hi my name is STEVE im looking for someone who had a GBP.  And thin a BPD.revision
MsBatt
on 3/16/07 11:27 am
Are you sure you mean a revision to the BPD, and not to the DS? The BPD is rarely done any more, but I suppose it *could* be a way to revise the RNY, since it's basically a large-pouch, extremely-distal RNY. Come over to the DS forum and ask your question---we have a lot of folks there who've been revised to the DS from either the RNY or the LapBand.
stevearms1
on 3/19/07 2:24 am

Thank you     I have lot ??? im going nuts

MsBatt
on 3/19/07 4:47 am

Another place you can ask questions is at my surgeon's website: http://www.ccfos.com There's several message boards there, and one it called 'Ask Dr. Husted' where you can ask questions and the surgeon himself will answer you.

And feel free to PM me with any questions you'd like. I didn't have a revision, but I had the DS over three years ago, and it's been wonderful!

sopralto
on 3/19/07 5:40 am - WA
I had an RNY proximal gastric bypass in 1992, only lost 70lbs and regained all my lost weight. I just 6 months ago had a revision to Duodenal Switch (DS) though my gastric pouch was left alone. This is a lower risk revision, but you don't lose weight as fast as those who have a complete revision with their pouch revised to a gastric sleeve. I have to work harder than those, but I didn't want to additional surgical risks.
stevearms1
on 3/20/07 12:08 pm
Thanks for written me back My question is can you do a complete ( DS.) on some one who has had a(RNY). I thought you needed your Pylorus valve if all you have is a small Pouch. What can they do for you and how risky is it?
sopralto
on 3/20/07 3:01 pm - WA
Yes, an experienced DS revision surgeon can reconstruct your stomache by joining your pouch to the leftover, unused stomach. He would then make a sleeve gastrectomy from this patched together stomach, reconstruct the original bowel configuration (unhooking the RNY or short limb bypass) and construct a DS bowel configuration. It is high risk because there are many places that the bowels and stomach are stitched together and might not hold...well...might leak. The pylorus valve might start working again or it might not. Alot depends on how old you RNY is, if it was open or LAP (LAP has more chance of compromising the blood supply), if blood supply to the stomach remained adequate.       I chose to avoid these complications. My surgeon, Dr. Marchesini, in Brazil has a procedure that turns an RNY into a DS by just using about 3 cuts and stitches (If I remember correctly). The RNY pouch was not touched. However, I can eat more that those that had the full revision, I still have no pyloric valve (don't miss it much). I am losing slowly, but am losing. They say you lose weight with the smaller stomach and keep it off with the malabsorption. I have to be careful not to eat too much and to exercise every day for about an hour. Have lost 47lbs in 6 months, 72 total.
stevearms1
on 3/20/07 5:23 pm
Thank you varey much My surgeon was talken about doing a( BPD.) Bilio Pancreatic Diversion. I was a big resk befor my ( RNY.) with a blood cloud in my lag. The good( LORD ) and my Drs.save my live I have come a long way. This time I get to shop for the right surgery thank to the Lord he is good. MY ITALIAN grandpow youest tel me hi boy donta bya the cowa with outa drinkna the milka. Eney way thanks.
sopralto
on 3/21/07 1:36 am - WA

The bowel portion of the Duodenal Switch is called "Duodenal Switch with Biliopancreatic Diversion". The stomach portion is called a "Vertical Gastric Sleeve". My common channel length is 75cm. It is unknown the length of my "food limb" and "digestive juices limb" as they don't measure these when they do the revision from RNY to DS.  I lost well for about 4 months--40lbs. I am now having to use fitday.com and exercise alot to restart the weight loss. I was stalled for 2 months. I bet you have the anatomy to make this work if you concentrate on low carb and exercise. I believe I will be able to do these things. I just was not willing to take the risk of a complete restructure of my pouch.

stevearms1
on 3/21/07 3:24 am

I Appologize for my ridiculous spelling It was dark I was in bed I did not want to wake up the wife and turn on the lights, Wen I got home and sen wat I wrote I side this lady mose think im a gofbal. I was trying to be funny wen I was speaking about my ITALIAN GRANDPAW. But im so sorry nixt time I wright to you SOPRALTO.  The light wil be on and the cofee to and I wil not be tanken eney thing for pain. Any way im on the run today Ihad to com home and wright you my wife got a kik out of this. Sorry agin                          PS Youer Dr. saved a frind of mine.

Most Active