Need to hear from you VBG

Tina W.
on 2/21/07 1:11 pm - Everett, WA
I had VBG in April of 2005. I lost 75 lbs. My issue is the frustration of not being to eat much (well much that I can keep down) I have a hard time eating healthy foods. I have been having a real problem with getting sick... if I don't go throw up I end up feeling misserable constant BURPING... any one else have this issue??? What causes it? Is there something I can do diffrent? I am almost to the point where I am thinking the only solution is to have a revision to a full blown bypass... I am feeling misserable and it seems to only get worse as time goes on. If I eat anything besides salad or junk food I can't keep it down or I am misserable... the latest thing has been the gas (burping) the last incident has lasted 24 hours and is still going on as I type... Help! Thanks, Tina.
mandefarmer
on 2/25/07 7:57 am - decatur, IN
Hello I had the EXACT same thing you have. Its miserable!! I threw up for 7 years straight. I lost my surgeon when they changed offices and by the time I had real problems and found her again, I was throwing up bile. (Not something your body is supposed to throw up)  They did an endoscopy on me and found that the ring had closed up from scar tissue. Have it checked out you shouldn't have the problem that bad. However many surgeons do not do the surgery anymore at all for exactly that reason. I'm actually surprised your surgeon still does them.  My surgeon has revised everyone that has come back to her with problems which is just about all of them.  I was revised to RNY however due to the scar tissue from the VBG my stoma dilated and now I have to get repairs. (This is not common I have never heard of anyone else with this exact problem.) At the same time I can eat salads, chicken, steak, bread and just about anything else. I have had uncomfortable moments since the revision but have not thrown up at all in over a year. Since my revision I have lost 80 more pounds which would have been more had I not had complications.  So best of luck if you want more info email me at [email protected]. Micah
Most Active