LAPBAND AFTER PAST VBG

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/07 8:16 am - Brampton, Canada
I had a VBG back in 1987 and dropped from 261 down to 113.  After several years my stomach stretched out and I gained almost all my weight back.  Luckily I finally went and had  lapband surgery last April.  Have gone from 251 down to 192 so far and plan to get down to 135 (at least!)  I feel blessed to have this second chance at wls! Donna
Cathy A.
on 2/5/07 4:01 am - Modesto, CA
Hi Donna, I had  a lap band put on my RNY the end of october and have finally got enough fills to feel the band working. Since you had  a band before you know how it works. My stoma was streched so now with the band I feel  restriction again. I have lost 20 pounds so far and feel I will make it to goal one of these days. I also feel blessed to have a second chace. Cathy
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/07 5:33 am - Brampton, Canada
Cathy I know exactly how u feel!!  I was banded last April and because of scars adhesions from having had the VBG and other abdominal surgeries received the VG band which is larger.  It too****il my 4th fill in August before I finally felt real restriction!!  Before that I was thinking what the heck did I spend $16,000 on this band for!! Yes I sure know how it feels to have ur stomach stretch back out after stapling but I still had residual effect of not being able to digest pasta  and very little meat.  My VBG was different from your RNY but I guess not that different in failing us long term! Today I am down to 183 from 251 the day I was banded.  Oh I did end up having to have my surgeon operate in mid January to remove some scar adhesions that were giving me a hernia type pain in my left side of abdomen.  Unfortunately for those of us with so many past surgeries we may always have to deal with scar adhesions but as long as I can lose the weight I'll cope with them!! LOL Wishing you continued success on your journey Cathy, Donna Oh yeah I will try to find your Revision Bandster group on Yahoo
Cathy A.
on 2/7/07 12:02 am - Modesto, CA
Hi Donna,       I think there are going to be more and more of us out there as the Dr find out this works. I wanted to send you my group address    http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Revisionbandsters/    it is small but I hope  it will grow. Cathy
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/07 12:18 am - Brampton, Canada
Thanks Cathy I will try to find ur group we need all the support we can get! Donna
Most Active