upset with RNY results, but do i even qualify for a revision ?

GettingBackOnTop36
on 12/25/13 10:25 am - Milner, GA
RNY on 10/18/12

This is just for anyone who wonders how a RNY revision is possible, all that is done is the pouch is made golf ball size again,  We stretch out our pouches over time, and by not following the rules of our nutritionist and surgeons,  Once you find yourself getting out of control and totally off track, catch yourself before it comes to having a revision, it is possible to get back on track again, I know I had to do it myself. 

pineview01
on 12/25/13 12:07 pm - Davison, MI

This is a 7 year old post.  I think most that have read recent post know how RNY's can be revised and having the stomach but back and having a DS is the best long term revision and weight lost revision.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/06 11:14 am - Big Sky Country, ID
ROFLMAO...it must be "mold" Granny!!  Believe half of what you hear...and that is about the funniest thing I've ever heard...stuff growing the band...now that takes real imagination. Electric Luv ya, Dee 
GrannyLaLa
on 12/18/06 1:56 pm - South,, AR
 Dee, you are looking verrrry SHOCKING today!!    Can you light this for me?     

Glitter Text

Kate -True Brit
on 12/19/06 1:03 am - UK
I love the idea of things growing on the band!!! What do you think the doctor meant? Aliens? If he meant bacteria, i would avoid that hospital at all costs! Just as with all the staples etc. that other WLS surgeries require, my band is and will always remain (unless I am involved in a hideous accident which opens it to the outside world) sterile! Let me guess, he is an RNY doctor who gets more money from doing that form of WLS! I am not pro- or anti any form of WLS. My choice works for me; for others it is different. But I am amazed at the blatant misinformation dished out by so-called experts! RNY works absolute wonders for some. For others, it seems to work for a period of time and then cease to control hunger or ability to eat. I know some RNY people do later go on to have the band fitted as that is adjustable and so can always be put to work again. (There are also banded people who go on to have RNY or some other WLS as the band did not work for them). Whatever else you do - do research from reputable sources!! Good luck. Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active