Anyone revise from lapband? (Illinois)

Amanda M.
on 11/28/06 7:24 am - Palos Hills, IL

Well, I'm at my wits end, and feeling like a failure. I had this surgery over 2 years ago, lost 60lbs at the height of my weight loss, and am now 20lbs heavier than my lowest...

My biggest problems have been with my fills...and that's what makes a lapband successful! My first fill was fine, but every fill after that I have been TOO tight- to the point I can't swallow my own saliva and am in extreeme pain. So I get it taken out, go back months later, only to be too tight again.Then I get a little taken out- still too tight- a little more- still too tight- a little more- and I am way too loose. geez! So, I'm seriousely beginning to think this was the wrong surgery for me. Now, my surgeon only does lapband, so how do I find someone to do a revision??  Also, how do you find the willpower to do it? I feel like such a fool, a loser. I had SURGERY for crying out loud, and I STILL failed. How do you make that call and admit this? I live in Illinois and have medicaid, if anyone can recommend a surgeon here who does revisions with this insurance I would greatly appreciate it. I'll also ask on the Illinois board, but thought this was a better place to address the issue as a whole....TIA Amanda

katiyor
on 11/29/06 6:35 am - Gurnee, IL

Amanda -- My surgeon does revisions -- and I have seen messages from other people here that he has accepted their medical cards.  His name is Constantine Frantizides -- look him up on the surgeons page of this site.

Good luck  kat

shar S.
on 2/19/07 1:36 pm - Buffalo Grove, IL
Hi.  Dr. Frantzides is doing my revision from a to RNY on April 4th. I wanted the DS but he talked me out of it. Which did you have? Are you happy with Dr. F? Are there any losupport groups? Thanks for any inof

Create Your Own Ticker

noboat4u
on 11/29/06 10:53 am - Philadelphia, PA
I thought I was reading my own story when I read yours. Same thing with me, i just got appoved today for a RNY, they will take my lapband out at the same time, I am nervous, it took awhile for insurance and now will probably be done the week of the holidays, but I would rather just get it over with. DO NOT  FEEL LIKE A LOSER, lapband does not work for everybody, I know, I felt the same way before I researched it. I hope you find a surgeon soon, I live in PA so I am no help with with doctors out there, but I wish you luck, and it will happen Diane P.
Casey Q.
on 11/30/06 11:52 am - Dayton, OH
I had my band placed May 03 and lost 13 pounds!  When I moved to Ohio thanks to the military I could not find any one to take me as a patient!  No fills nothing.  So I went to Indiananpolis to a surgeon and he did my fills.  I got 2 when we realized my band had slipped!  So I had the revision Nov 05.  I have lost 50 pounds and am hoping to lose more. 

Casey married to love of my life Steven, serving in Iraq, and mom to 4 beautiful girls, hoping to adopt a  boy in the future Mar 5th 2003 lap band placed 277Nov 15th 2005 revision/AGB removed, hiatial hernia repaired, RNY. 270/219/180 -60 pounds 

newhair.jpgFieldReady2.jpg5girls.jpg

Ms. Cal Culator
on 12/1/06 12:52 pm - Tuvalu
Come visit the DS board here...there are several of us who have been revised from the band to the Duodenal Switch...and are doing much better. Sue
gonemadx3
on 1/25/07 10:08 pm - East Peoria, IL
I am currently in the process of waiting for apprvl for revision from lap band to gastric bypass. I am heavier now than the day of my lap surgery, by almost 10lbs. I am working with Dr. Prachand at the University of Chicago. We will see what happens. But your story with the band sounds just like mine! Seems to be increasing all around..  Michele

-Michele

lap band '05/revision to rny 11/21/07
5'6- hw/276 sw/242 cw/144 gw/140
then- bmi 36-39 now-bmi 24-
NORMAL WEIGHT

"It's  Not Who You Are On The Inside, It's What You Do That Defines You".....

or

Most Active