Help. How do I handle this situation

cocoapod
on 11/6/06 6:02 am - Randaberg, Norway
Hello All, I had a Roux  en Y in 1998. Well, I did not  loose too much weight. Well I have since moved to Denmark and was looking to have a revision.  I went to the doctor today and they did an endoscopic exam to see the condition of my  stomach. The doctor was shocked to tell me that  my stomach had no signs of ever having this suggery. E very thing was in place like a normal stomach.  I then called my doctor's office in the states to get my medical records. I was told that unfortunately, the records had been shreaded.  Has anyone ever heard of this situation? Now I am wondering what kind of  suggery was performed on me. Did he just put a row of staples and never  by passed anything? please help. Now I stop rambling. take care Annette
Casey Q.
on 11/11/06 9:23 am - Dayton, OH
That sounds fdishy if in only 8 years the records were shreaded?  I thought they had to put them away and keep for 10 years?  Wonder if he was being investigated??  I would get all the test done to see if there was a surgery preformed. 

Casey married to love of my life Steven, serving in Iraq, and mom to 4 beautiful girls, hoping to adopt a  boy in the future Mar 5th 2003 lap band placed 277Nov 15th 2005 revision/AGB removed, hiatial hernia repaired, RNY. 270/219/180 -60 pounds 

newhair.jpgFieldReady2.jpg5girls.jpg

Carol W.
on 11/19/06 3:01 pm - Quaker Hill, ct
Hi,     I would go to the hospital where surgery was performed and get copies of your medical records that would include the dates of surgery and any abdominal testing results pre and post surgery.Good Luck. Carol
Most Active