VBG Revision: I'M SCARED!!!

AngieB67
on 10/20/06 2:35 am - Bel Air, MD
I had VBG surgery back in 1993 and lost about 51 pounds initially.  Then I hit a plateau and stayed there MANY, MANY years.  But recently, I've managed to gain all the weight back and it has occurred to me that perhaps my staple line has broke. (I'm able to eat a whole sandwich again whereas before I remember only being able to eat maybe 1/3 if I chewed slowly). Anyway, I had a consultation with a new physican and I'm really impressed with his center and the amount of follow-up that his center includes.  My old physician never did any of that.  I think I had 2 meetings with him afterward and that was it!!! I am on the fence about having a revision done even though my surgeon says I'm a candidate for the surgery.  I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of the complications that might occur.  I'm a little surgery gun-shy at this point because I had an unrelated routine surgery go awry last year and spent 6 months recovering from that fiasco!!! I weigh 331 pounds (WOW...did I just type that?)  This is the highest I've ever been in my whole life!! I can't keep living like this but I'm too scared to go under the knife again. I'm in desperate need of some revision success stories!!  HELP!!  -Angie
Debbie B.
on 10/20/06 6:21 am - Valparaiso, IN
Angie, check out the Duodenal Switch forum, there are folks there who've been revised from different Weight Loss surgeries and doing very well.
                           D e b  
Most Active