Revision Issues

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/06 5:14 am - Plano, TX
I'm happy for you that you are getting a second chance too.  Since my VBG, I have lost a total 101 lbs.  Originally after the VBG, I lost 90, then regained 63.  I lost the 63 plus 11 more (74 lbs since my revision).  I think going into it a second time makes us even more successful because we know what to expect and what we can do better.  I truly wish you all the best.
Geminidream
on 11/4/06 11:23 am - Spokane, WA
Becky I think you are so right about that.  It seems like I know what pitfalls to watch out for this time and what mistakes not to make again.  After my VBG I lost 70 pounds and regained 60.  Through my surgeon's help I've lost 15 now before the surgery and hope to get the rest off within the next year and a half.   It has been so long since I've been at a healthy weight that I'm sure my body is going to struggle against the process at some point.  Thank goodness for the local support group and the many caring people like you here on OH. I wish you all the best too and continued success. Molly
Casey Q.
on 11/11/06 9:19 am - Dayton, OH
I went from a AGB (adjustable band) to the RNY.  My pouch is bigger then the regular RNY because of where my band was placed.  He did seperate my stomach.   I go nuts with the not feeling full and being able to eat more then I think should be normal to not being able to eat very much at all.  Strange how our bodies do that huh?  I was in the hospital for a week after my 2nd surgery.

Casey married to love of my life Steven, serving in Iraq, and mom to 4 beautiful girls, hoping to adopt a  boy in the future Mar 5th 2003 lap band placed 277Nov 15th 2005 revision/AGB removed, hiatial hernia repaired, RNY. 270/219/180 -60 pounds 

newhair.jpgFieldReady2.jpg5girls.jpg

Most Active