Any stories, successful or not, on Dr Thompson's Endoscopic Procedure?

smileey
on 10/2/06 11:12 pm - FL
Hi, I was just wondering if any of you who have undergone the intraluminal suturing procedure with Dr Thompson would mind posting whether or it actually helped? Thanks.
donnabug57
on 10/4/06 12:33 pm - Port St. Lucie, FL
I had the stitching procedure on 7/11/2006 and I have lost about 42 pounds, it comes off much slower than the original  surgery but I feel great and feel losing it slower is healtier.  The doctor and his staff are very nice, but awfully busy.  He does not do the pouch but does do the stoma, my pouch was stretched as well as my stoma and I can hardly eat anything, he makes the stoma very small, or at least he did for me. Good luck on any decision you make and hopefully it will work for you. Donna B
smileey
on 10/4/06 1:18 pm - FL
Thanks Donna for letting me know, congratulations on your fantasic weight loss, it sounds real good to me! Not slow at all, 42 lbs in under 3 months, wow!  Just have another question for you....when you met with him was he able to give you any statistics on his success stories? How long was the actual procedure and were you able to go home (all the way home) on the same day? Thanks.
donnabug57
on 10/10/06 9:44 am - Port St. Lucie, FL
Sorry it took so long to get back with you.  I did not even ask for statistics .  The procedure is so new,  he probably had none to give me.  the procedure is approximately 1 1/2 hours mine was longer, had some problems with the stitches ripping, finally had to stitch, flap and glue me, guess that was the problem from the original surgery, he said my intestine material was the toughest he had ever seen.  I do feel like the last couple of days I can eat more, but I feel nauseous after eating now. You can't go home the same day  or the next day, you really are to out of it from the anesthesia. I flew home 2 days later.   Good luck on your choice. Donna B
smileey
on 10/10/06 9:59 am - FL
Thanks, For the info I have sent you some email as well.
Most Active