Had Rny adding Band

Cathy A.
on 9/15/06 12:13 am - Modesto, CA
Hi Everyone, I had RNY 7/11/02 lost  150 pounds now I have gained about 40 back and I am scheduled to be Banded on October 27. I have Healthnet insurance and it took only one week to get aproval. So I am very excited. I have friends that have had this done with great success. For anyone out there that has had this done what issues do you have that regular bandsters don't. Where did they put the band on your pouch?  I have also started a Yahoo group RevisionBandsters if you are interested please join.  Cathy
JUSTJUNQUIES
on 9/19/06 6:42 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
Hi Cathy, I am just a "regular" bandster , but I wanted to wish you luck and to let you know that there is a [email protected] we also have an "in face" luncheon the third saturday of the month ( although this month it is the 30th). We meet in homes so it is easier to get to know each other and to share our stories. The band has it's own form of frustrations!!! I love it but .....until you are at a good fill level you are still hungry. I am 19 months out and am finding that just like with bypass ( my daughters are bypassed) we have to eat healthy , and protein first...etc...I'm sure you know the drill. Best wishes to you!!!! who will be doing your surgery? Donna Q.
freddyt.30
on 9/23/06 11:43 am - Baton Rouge, LA
Hello Cathy I am thinking about having the Lap around my Rny. I believe this is the best option for me because the band might be the less riskiest revision procedure of all. Cathy,  the people you know have lost alot of weight with this procedure?  I know I have the determination but I just hope I could find a good Doctor to perform the procedure. I wish you good luck with your revision. Fred
Cathy A.
on 9/25/06 12:31 am - Modesto, CA
Hi Fred, Yes the people I know and also some people I don't know but people that know me and them have done wonderfully.  My friend Lynn has lost over 110 pounds in a year and says it is completely different from the first time RNY. She is never hungry and feels great.  Cathy
Donna R.
on 9/23/06 3:26 pm - West Chester, Pa
Hi Cathy, Where you hungry all the time??? Was your stoma and or pouch stretched? I live now in Santa Barbara Ca and looking into a Dr Donald Waldrop in Thousands Oaks. I need to get andendo done asap I had an upper GI. Had lap rny May 2002, lost 110 gained back 10 in the last 2 months HELP NOW PLEASE.I WILL GAIN IT ALL BACK WITHOUT A REVISION>
donna r
Cathy A.
on 9/25/06 12:44 am - Modesto, CA
Hi Donna, I  am hungry most of the time shortly after I eat. My stoma is streched  and the food goes right  through. Dr Waldrep did my first surgery and he is wonderful. I found this study that was done   cstobesity.com/articles/Adjustable Gastric Banding as a Revisional 
Donna R.
on 9/25/06 2:07 am - West Chester, Pa
Hi Kathy, Dr. Waldrep did your RNY you mean? Now he will do your Lap Ban?                                         Thanks, Donna
donna r
Cathy A.
on 9/25/06 2:30 am - Modesto, CA

Yes Dr Waldrep did my RNY I have been going to the salsa support group for about 5 years although I have missed the last few. When I started looking for a revision He was just starting to do them and I didn't want to travel again.  I decided to go with an experienced Dr Higa in Fresno. My friend just had a revision with him and the nurses were telling her that people come from all over even Europe to have him do their wls.  But I think Dr Waldrep has done more revisions in this last year and he is famous on his own I am sure you will get the best care the hospital is wonderful and so is Dr Waldrep.

Cathy

JRinAZ
on 10/7/06 10:25 am - Layton, UT
Hi Cathy, I just hopped onto this revision forum to check out your very topic!  I was so excited to see the subject line and to read your thread of posting. I just submitted yesterday for approval to have my Rny  banded.  I work for Dr. Terry Simpson who is a well known Lap Band surgeon.  He will do a hernia repair at the same time he puts the Lap Band on my Rny.  He drew me a picture today of where my band would be.  It will be just above the pouch so I should have satiety return again at last!  Yay!  ....I regained about 38 pounds  from my orginal 143 pound Rny weight loss but have been doing the pure protein drink thing and lots of exercise to get 13 of that off again.  I'm so excited to get the band though so I can actually have some help with my last 25 pounds!  I"m going to try and join your support group.  Good luck to both of us!  Joyce in az
Most Active