So Friday i got Scoped.....

shurwitz
on 9/15/06 4:19 am - Moultrie, GA
Hi Stephanie. My doc told me that most patients have to have the schlerotherapy injections at least three times to tell if there will be any change in restriction of the stoma and pouch. He reminded me that I had lost 14 pounds since I first started getting back on track and had my previous procedure about a month ago. So, I am now scheduled to have my second treatment on Monday, 9/18. The doc then wants to monitor me. He says after another month he will probably suggest another treatment, if I am showing signs of progress. If not, he says we will then consider surgical alternatives, such as adding a lap band or going to a distal procedure.
Khandi
on 9/13/06 2:51 am - Atlanta, GA
Hi Dr. Hubson from Dr. Duncan's practice was my doc. You know I only lost about 28 lbs and I am a light weight. dr. duncan was so arrogonate that he wouldn't admit after two months of losing weight that my stoma was left open and my pouch was 30cc. And distal has a longer effect that proximal which all his patients are. It makes me angry that he told me I probably ate a big loaf of bread and stretch my pouch. I was actually told by his practice for over a year to eat more protein and exercise more. Which I did just that and nothing. One patient had the same history as me and sent her to Boston for free and had her pouch fixed. Which I don't believe the endoscopic repair works well. The revisioners on the west coast (California and Washington) says they were all revised to distal and it has last. I flew to Washington to see Dr. Oh, but now my insurance is not wanting to pay eventhough they say they will pay.
mikkozoe
on 9/13/06 10:05 am - Conyers, GA
wow so i am guessing you  are kinda in the same boat as me ....Did you try looking around in Ga for someone to fix you up? I am calling Duncan tomarrow to see what they have to say .( thinking it is not going to be what i want to hear) but i will hear them out .....So did you try to find a Doc around here ? Or did you jsut go were you knew they would help you? I have tired two docs in Ga and so far have been shot down so i think if i dont like what i hear tomarrow i am going to call the Doc in Fl that Someone on this board is going to use ...I want to say his name is Over...Something LOL i have it wrote down at work ....But let me know i am trying to find out all my options and all ....Funny how we all used Duncans office and have the same problem and he will not FIX IT !!! all we want is him to fix it and not blame us for it ya know ...We know we did not do this it was a bad surgery .....UGHHHHH i could scream ........ Hang in there ...Someone will help us and insurance will pay i just know it ...I have not even checked with my insurance yet ...Afraid too LOL  Laura
terbear
on 9/14/06 1:26 am - Manteca, Ca
HI.. I have the same thing going on!  It is so frustrating!  Can you tell me which docs, and where they are doing this procedure?  I would be willing to give it a try!!  I did NOT go through all of this to just keep on gaining!  I lost 200... but have gained 25-30 back SO FAR.  I have to stop it NOW! Thanks... Terri in Ca Dr. Coirin
Casey Q.
on 11/14/06 12:25 pm - Dayton, OH
I am going to call my doctor tomorrow and makle an appointment.  I have not lost weight since jan.  I only had surgery in Nov (05) Well I have been scoped and stretched twice.  The first time I was closed.  The second he said I was a 8 and still stretched me, since then I have not lost anything!  My husband is going to Iraq soon so I do not want a big huge surgery.  But want to get this weight off.  I could still loose 60 more want at least 35!

Casey married to love of my life Steven, serving in Iraq, and mom to 4 beautiful girls, hoping to adopt a  boy in the future Mar 5th 2003 lap band placed 277Nov 15th 2005 revision/AGB removed, hiatial hernia repaired, RNY. 270/219/180 -60 pounds 

newhair.jpgFieldReady2.jpg5girls.jpg

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/06 1:46 am - TX
I don't know how big my stoma was but it was enlarged, plus I had staple line disruption.  I had revision to DS because I didn't want another surgery that could mechanically fail me. good luck
Most Active