revision in mexico

darnell239
on 8/18/06 10:13 pm - Columbia, SC
Has anyone had a revision surgery in Mexico?  If so what was your experience.  I'm considering taking this route?  I would appreciate any advice.
(deactivated member)
on 8/19/06 3:44 pm - Yakima, WA
You might want to try cross posting this to the south of the border forum - click the forums tab up top and then choose from surgery related forums.  Best of luck!
Cassandra W.
on 8/27/06 1:03 pm - West, TX
Hi Darnell,  What type of surgery are you revising from and to.  I hd a revision from VBG to lap band in July.  The surgery was pretty easy though it did take a long time because of scar tissue and adhesions.  The cost varies but I paid $11000.00 because I also had gall bladder removed.  The surgeon was excellent and I had the surgery on Monday, came home on Wednesday and was feeling great by Friday. Cassandra

darnell239
on 8/27/06 9:39 pm - Columbia, SC
Hi Cassandra, I had the mini gastri bypass 6 years ago and I am not sure what I want conversion too.  However, I need a conversion to something that will give good long term results.  Is there any specific reason you chose the lap band?
Cassandra W.
on 8/29/06 9:55 am - West, TX
I first thought tobe revised to RNY but the doctor recommened the lap band.  Many folks with RNY  begin to gain weight after a few years and I do not want to have another surgery.  The lap band requires following the rules and changing eating habits but not eating properly is why I got fat.  Now I can only eat small portions and nothing will stretch out a few years from now. Best of luck whatever you decide, Cassandra

Most Active