revision due to reactive hypoglycemia?

busyredhed
on 8/17/06 3:01 am - Merced, CA
Has anyone ever had a revision from a RNY because of severe reactive hypoglycemia. I have been having severe reactive hypoglycemia on an almost daily basis for months now. No matter what I eat. I have dropped down into t he low 40s. My surgeon looked at my diet diary and says that I am eating property and this shouldn't be a problem. He is sending me to an endocrinologist to rule out any other problems, but if everything comes back fine, he says that it will be definitely "late dumping" and that my system is having trouble with anything I eat and we will need to talk about a revision to a different type of surgery. It s very dissapointing for him and me because I have lost all of my weight and at 2 1/2 years out haven't gained anything back. He considered my surgery a complete success until now. I can't find anything about revisions due to this condition. Any info would be helpful. Dawna
freddyt.30
on 8/29/06 5:22 am - Baton Rouge, LA
Hello   I am considering a revision but the problems which I am experience is hypoglycemia due to eating some of the wrong types of foods. Unlike you, I have found that the weight is coming back and I am having a hard time to get a handle on the situation. I wish you good luck with you situation. Fred
busyredhed
on 8/31/06 1:31 am, edited 8/31/06 1:32 am - Merced, CA
Thank you Freddy. I hope everything goes well with you too.  I see the endocrinologist this next month to rule out anything else, but I think my surgeon is expecting her not to find anything. At this point, I think I don't care what they do with me as long as they just FIX ME. Dawna
Most Active