REVISION FROM VBG TO RNY-SURGERY DATE AUG 28TH

srollins33
on 8/4/06 6:46 am - ARLINGTON, TX
I am so excited about my revision-no more vomiting hopefully. Please keep me in your prayer guys. I will talk to you guys on the other side. Shanetta rollins
luckycat1
on 8/5/06 9:55 am - Cincinnati, OH
good luck MJ
cush
on 8/6/06 5:29 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Shanetta, I'm Carolyn and I too live in the metroplex and we have something and common. I too had the vbg surgery done and 1995 and last year August 30 I had revision surgery. I had my vbg revised to a lap rny surgery, and if I had it to do all over again I would. As of this morning I have loss 98 pounds. Now I may regain 2 pounds by to night but I count it as water gain. This surgery to me is better than the vbg because, I've only thrown up maybe 3 times since I've had the surgery. I have dry heaves when my sinus is draining, but I don't throw up. Because it's a revision my restriction to food is different. I can take in more food than a person who may be having the surgery for the first time. But I'm still right on target with my weight loss. I hope to loose maybe 3 more pound before the month is over. And I hope to never go back to being that fat again. I wear a size 16 in regular jeans and I can wear a 14 in stretch jeans. I would like to wear a size 12 in jeans and a medium to medium large in tops. I'm 5/5 and 186 so I think I need to weigh 155 to 160 to fit in a 12 jeans and a medium top. If there are any question you want to know please ask. I don't get on the computer everyday but I check my e-mail 3 to 4 times a week. Good luck with your surgery and congrat on moving closer to a new life. Take care Carolyn JcC. 284/186/ 155-160-ish....
Dawn K.
on 8/9/06 1:27 am - Clermont, FL
Good Luck.. I am in the same boat and hope to have a revision..Hugs, Dawn
srollins33
on 8/9/06 1:45 am - ARLINGTON, TX
Thanks to all of you guys for you congrats on my surgery. Unfortunately, my doctor has informed me that my surgery date will have to be pushed back to latter September early October. My endoscopy showed that I have a bacteria that has to be treated before I can go into surgery. So the delay is about six weeks provided the antibiotics work. I will have to scoped again mid-September. The good news is I still am getting the revision, I just have to wait a little longer.
Inlites1962
on 8/21/06 2:57 pm - Greensburg, PA
I just went through the same thing.  3 antibiotics later.  I have just been approved for surgery Sept 7.  Did you have vbg first and now trying for rny?
Most Active