How much can you eat???

kristin3377
on 7/28/06 1:42 am - Woonsocket, RI
I am afraid that I have stoma failure because of the amount that I can eat. I had surgery on 6-8-06 and since the beginning I have been able to eat a whole can of soup, or a whole packet of oatmeal, or a whole pudding cup. Now I can eat a whole 4 oz burger patty with cheese with 5 brussel sprouts and an ear of corn in one sitting. I did not think there was anything wrong with this until I started asking on the main board and seeing that most RNYers could not even finish 1/2 of a burger patty! Please let me know how you knew that you needed a revision, what were you able to eat and does my amount sound like alot to you? Thank you, Kristin
jdehart
on 7/28/06 6:28 am - Indianapolis, IN
Kristin, I had my revision in Jan 06 and I feel that I eat more than most of those people on the regular message board. I could eat 4 oz of meat at one sitting and a small salad. For instance for lunch today I had a half of a subway 6 inch and then about an hour and a half later I ate the rest. Some days I feel like I can eat a lot and others I have trouble eating anything. I am having trouble with getting all my protein in because I can't do alot of the supplements because they make me sick so how is that part working for you. If you have suggestions with that let me know. I would not worry. Just try to make sure you don't drink right away after you eat. Good Luck, Justen (I am a girl)
debrahn
on 7/28/06 9:55 am - Goodyear, AZ
Kristin, Wow - that's a lot to be able to eat so soon post-op. You have had good weight loss, though. Definitely talk to your doctor about it.
Most Active