considering revision

vaqt
on 5/30/06 1:12 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hello all. I had lapband on 8-1-05 ans since then have only lost 38lbs. I am starting to do some research for a possible revision surgery. Any information/tips/questions I should be asking.
Marilyn J.
on 5/31/06 2:16 am - Bloomfield, NE
Kim I to have had the lapband done on 12-27-o4 and have lost only 50 lbs I have Fibromyalgia that keep me from doing alot of things there are days I can't even walk I have had two adjustment my last one was 8 months ago and haven't lost anything so I went back to my doctor and he said I should think about haveing a different type of surgery but everytime I read others people post there are pro and cons on everything so I don't know what to do either.I did the lap-band because it was the safest to go with. but now I don't know what to do I hope someone can help us out. Marilyn
Vanessa B.
on 5/31/06 7:07 am - Jonesborough, TN
First I must admit that I have not posted in many, many, many months. Three years and many adjustments later and thousands of dollars wasted, I would have the revision to DS if my insurance would pay for it. I would do it tomorrow. I think there may be some Lap-band issues that are not readily provided to potential patient pre-op. I have my own theories. I have found in my life that the truth ALWAYS comes out and this device may be once again reviewed by the FDA. (Disclaimer) It is not my intent with these comments to provoke any negative comments by those who adore their bands. I realize that for some people it is a great device. Vanessa
pepperboy
on 5/31/06 3:48 am - oxnard, CA
Why not look into the DS? Check out the people getting revisions, not many DS people, although I'm sure it happens. Check out the long term success. Very happy with my choice. BUT research is the key....go to this site for info on different procedures....or www.duodenalswitch.com also check out yahoo groups duodenalswitch. Lot's of great info there. By the way Hines is my maiden name. Good luck....Annie ;)
Nurse Spencer03
on 6/1/06 9:40 am - spring, TX
I am a RNY to DSer andI am 2months out. check into the DS ,but what ever you do make sure you do your research. I did alot of web lurking and article reading before my DS and I now can say Iam satisfied, It has been ruff because its a revision but it is worth it Good luck on your research
Jo Ann
on 6/3/06 11:57 am - Orlando, FL
I also had the lap band done back in July of 05. I just had a revision to the RNY three days ago. I don't regret it at all. I'm happy with my decision and which surgery I chose. Please do your research on all the available WLS out there and choose the one that is best suited for your needs and life style. I didn't have the band removed due to slow weight loss, I had to have the band removed because my body rejected it. Mine is a rare rare case, I was told by 3 different surgeons that I'm like 1 in tens of millions. If that didn't happen I don't know how the band would of worked out for me, but I do know a lot of bandsters that are having a horrible time at losing weight. Now my husband had his band placed in November of 05 and he's lost 90lbs in 6 months and still has NOT had a fill yet. The band was the perfect choice for him. Things do happen for reasons and I had a hard time accepting the loss of my band, but I went back and researched every option I had and finally made the best decision for myself. Each surgery has it's ups and downs it's good and bads. You just have to figure out what's going to work best for you!! Talk to your surgeon about it also and get his opinion and also get other surgeons opinions. Don't let anyone talk you into something your not comfortable with. Hang in there and good luck!!! Jo Ann
Most Active