Head count of happy revisions, please!

ellen b
on 5/15/06 12:05 am - WI
I need some encouragement............would love to hear from ones who have had revision from lapband to rny. what is the general consensus?
bandednomore
on 5/17/06 11:05 pm - Charlestown, MD
I had my band for 3 years and revised to the Duodenal Switch (DS) I am soooo happy. It is a whole new world, and I have no regrets at all. Good luck!
Ms. Cal Culator
on 5/18/06 4:02 am - Tuvalu
You already know this, but...Me too! Had my band for three years and revised to DS. I have my life back! Sue
Ms. Cal Culator
on 5/18/06 4:09 am - Tuvalu
I forgot...I have been having HORRID back pain for an unrelated issue. Well...kind of related...I feel so good post-op, I overdid it at the gym and overdid it helping my 83-year-old other. Anyway, with the DS, I don't have to worry about NSAID's (ibuprofen, celebrex, aleve, etc) the way RnY patients do. Not that I think theirs is a BAD surgery. It just has restrictions that at my age, with my aches and pains, I'd have trouble with. To be fair, ONE--I think it's JUST one--DS doctor, Crystal Schlosser--doesn't want her DS patients on NSAID's. But, I couldn't find any other doctor who was opposed to NSAID's for DS patients. Sue
Tonia Loveslife
on 6/2/06 1:02 am - Port Neches, TX
I'm a revision from lap band to RNY. I'm three week post op and I'm glad I finally had this done. I only wish I would have done it in the first place! I wasted a lot of time and money! Good luck in what ever you decides to do!
Jo Ann
on 6/3/06 12:02 pm - Orlando, FL
Hi there Ellen, I just had my revision done 3 days ago, and I am a very happy camper!! I had the lap band done back in July of 05 and due to my body rejecting the band it had to come out. I am very happy with my decision, but with that being said I am only 3 days out. LOL!! But I would do it again in a heartbeat. I struggled with what to do for awhile and I actually went through a "mourning" phase of losing my band. It was a very hard thing for me to go through and very emotional, but I'll say it again, I am very happy that I did it!! I hope this helps some!!! Good luck to you!! If you need to talk you can e mail me anytime!! Jo Ann
Most Active