What's on your Thursday menu?

Ymaliz
on 10/17/24 5:12 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ It's thirsty Thursday - are you drinking enough water? I'm bringing my 42 ounce Yeti cup full of ice to work so no excuses today! I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner. Great pro-tips yesterday!! The power we have to help each other is amazing and has done wonders for me already. All of these little things add up.

I just finished 'What happened to you' by Dr. Bruce Perry and Oprah Winfrey for the 3rd time. It's about trauma, healing and empathy. It's very powerful. It has helped me better understand my past and people in ways I never considered. Highly recommend if that is your thing. I'm starting 'Berry Pickers' today. At work I have two more 1:1 meetings, I need to finalize some new procedures, update training materials and catch up from yesterday.

QOTD - You are out running a million errands and its way past lunchtime. You are hangry and someone could get hurt. Home is not an option and there is no protein bar in your bag. What's the plan and how do you stay on track? My quick go-to is the drive-thru: In-n-Out for a protein style double meat burger or Popeyes for blackened chicken tenders. I know I am safe and satisfied with these options.

Accountability - great, 44 active minutes and 9,042 steps - I can do better, I just set a daily reminder for a STEP CHECK at 6pm. That way I'm not waiting until bedtime when it's game over. Today I am 169.0 and 30 minutes done on the treadmill, 15 minutes weight workout and stretching planned after work.

B- coffee, legendary pastry

L - RGF burrito, greek yogurt, salsa

D - Ham and eggs

s- jerky, quest chips, apple

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Emiepie
on 10/17/24 5:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning Friday-Eve and group! I try and aim for 88 ounces of water a day but I could probably add another bottle. My one team member was name to make it on for a few hours yesterday so they are on track and I can get back to my projects. Thanks for the book recommendation I will have to look into it.

QOTD: I have got a protein drink or jerky from a gas station and worst case I have a pack of cashews stored away in my purse.

TSS: 10 years 2 months

B: SF latte, 3 turkey sausage links, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Mini breakfast burritos with egg eaters/cheese and net zero tortillas, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: Protein ice cream and carbmaster toast

E: 1/2 hour elliptical, 1 mile on treadmill and 20 mins Pilates bar

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1243 Protein:117 Carbs:124 Fat:47

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Ymaliz
on 10/17/24 7:39 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Gas station protein is a great go-to!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Queen JB
on 10/17/24 5:26 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Welp - yesterday was an unexpected and unwelcome adventure for poor Grim. He was in the shop doing some woodworking in the afternoon when he cut his finger badly on the bandsaw. It was a terrible cut and fracture which required a trip to the hospital. I was still at work so his daughter brought him in for what ended up being a 7 hour trip to the ER. Thankfully he's all stitched & bandaged up and he's cleared to still go on his trip. Phew! But the poor guy! It was a really bad injury and really bad timing :(

Nothing new on my end. Work was good yesterday. It's nice to have a few days here and there that move at a lightning pace to keep things interesting . I am anticipating a quiet one today, though.

Enjoy the Berry Pickers. It was a good one--very emotional. Right now I'm listening to a bananas podcast called the Kill List. What a crazy story. I can't believe it's real. Tell me if you listen!

QOTD: I just wouldn't eat. I can wait and I don't like to wing it with fast food. As I mentioned yesterday - hunger is not an emergency.

Accountability: Perfect. Well your reminder to drink water means maybe not perfect, lol. But I got over 15K steps running from meeting to meeting, and I was too busy to eat lunch so I had a few bites of the boxed lunch turkey sammy when I got home last night. No snacking. I'm still on a steady losing streak. It's pathetically slow compared to how I lost after surgery but it is happening. I am down about 12lbs from when I started Wegovy. I'm not sure it's noticeable to anyone but me & my wardrobe, but it's a great feeling.

• Protein coffee
  • Turkey sausage
  • Some more of that turkey sam
  • Veggie chorizo quesadilla
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 10/17/24 5:51 am - Warren, OH

So sorry to hear about Grim. I am glad that he got care and will still be able to go on his trip. But what awful timing.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 10/17/24 6:17 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh no, poor Grim. I need to add some good podcast so thank you for the recommendation.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 10/17/24 6:35 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Great job on the 12 pounds QJB! I hope Grim is feeling much better.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 10/17/24 7:10 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I'd give my right arm to lose 12lbs. Now that I think about it if I gave my right arm, it would probably be around 12 lbs. How much did Gim loose when he lobbed off that finger? Maybe removing body parts can be my mode of weight loss. All kidding aside I am so glad it did not impact his upcoming plans. Things happen so quickly even when you are a pro. Just one little slip and damn. I have got bitten by my mandolin more than once in my life. I watch the cooking shows and see professionals take a hit from that crazy contraption.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 10/17/24 7:37 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Chrissy, years ago when Rog and I were young and pretty poor, he got injured at work and lost the tip of his finger. Within like 5 days, the state of California had issued a worker's comp check for about $1500.00. They apparently have a chart that instructs them what to pay out for body parts. We were really broke and I remember looking at him and saying "What do you think you would have gotten if you lost an knuckle?". I'm glad he didn't actually and it was said in jest, and we still laugh about it

White Dove
on 10/17/24 10:28 am - Warren, OH

Years ago there was a woman who wrote a book about her weight loss journey. She kept saying she wished someone would just get a chainsaw and take off her big butt. It was a hilarious book and I can't remember if she lost the weight by surgery or just dieting, but your post made me remember her.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics