Good Morning Monday - what's on your menu today RNY'ers?

Icecream Dreamer
on 10/7/24 7:13 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Thanks Yma for starting us. Very glad your skin is doing better. Don't know about you but I love work related road trips. You said 6 hours, so I'm picturing 6 hours of bliss in the car with nobody else around, nothing else to do but listening to my audiobook. And not feeling guilty, because hey I'm driving to a work related conference.

We finally had a full on summer weekend, no fog, all sun and glorious weather. Beautiful day at the beach, and very typical of DH and me: he was covered head to toe and sat under the umbrella when not in the water, while I was sprawled on the sand soaking up the sun. That's your difference between Irish and Italian skin.

QOTD: our princess Luna. A 6.5 year old bi black sheltie who rules our hearts.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Rotisserie chicken
  • Protein Diet Coke float, jerky
  • Protein Icecream - cookie dough
  • E: rest day

Happy start of the week!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 143.4

PGW: 140-142

Ymaliz
on 10/7/24 7:17 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Yes - exactly! I'm headed to Sac with 6 hours of bliss!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

EnjoynLife
on 10/7/24 7:17 am, edited 10/7/24 12:19 am

Three sweet Persian Velcro catz

• 8 year old Tilly ( Shaded Silver Calico - a kinda- rescue with Egyptian bloodlines

4 year old Milly her *****hilla daughter who used to sleep with my Mom until Dad kicked her out after an apartment renovation. Mom still misses her terribly.

and the little blue -eyed boy , a naughty beggar, Kaki, an eleven month old teacup *****hilla male who visits other tenant?s apartments ( and plays with their indoor kitties and begs a second breakfast ) Greedy like his ( hooman) Mom !

catwoman7
on 10/7/24 7:47 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

glad to hear the rash is almost completely gone, Amy!!

another beautiful day and the wind speed is fine for biking! So I'll head out in a few. It's supposed to be in the mid-60s this afternoon but it's still in the mid-50s now, but that should be fine - I'll just dress for it. I promised the editor of the university retiree newsletter that I'd do a book review for the November issue, so I'll take my library card with me and stop at one of the public library branches while I'm out biking. I hope something on the "new book" shelf will jump out at me. I have so much reading to do for my classes that I've got to find something that'll get me completely hooked so I'll fini****!

my cousin from Seattle will be here later today. She and her husband have been visiting relatives of his who live in western Minnesota, and they're now (or will be soon) en route to Chicago. They have an Airbnb in one of the Madison suburbs for the night. It'll be so great to see her. I haven't seen her since 1997, and my mom hasn't seen her since 1984 (this cousin is on my dad's side).

accountability hasn't been that great. Not awful, but not good, either. So I'm back at it. I'm sure we'll be going out to dinner tonight with my cousin and her husband, so hopefully I can stick to something safe.

QOTD: we have four Turkish Van cats. I never wanted to perpetuate selective breeding (too many homeless cats out there!), but I was really fascinated with this breed after seeing a documentary about them when I was in Turkey several years ago. So three of mine are retired show cats (the cattery didn't need them any more since show careers typically only last only a year or two - and only one of them was kept on an additional year as a stud after his show career was over). The fourth one has a neurological issue (cerebellar hypoplasia - but fortunately a mild case), so of course he couldn't be shown, bred, or even sold. So I don't feel too bad since all four of them were no longer needed or wanted, but they needed a. home, so... Anyway, we have Aytekin (age 19), Minik (age 14), Anubis (also age 14), and Kardelen (age 10). (all but Anubis are Turkish names (all changed from whatever names the breeder gave them). Anubis is the name of an Egyptian god. I wanted to re-name him to something Turkish, but DH really liked the name Anubis, so we ended up just keeping it)

coffee with half & half

grilled peach topped with plain skyr, cinnamon, and SF maple syrup

maybe Loma Linda taco filling with tomatoes, plain Greek yogurt, and salsa again (I need to use up the tomatoes)

protein shake or protein muffin

dinner TBA

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Dcgirl
on 10/7/24 7:49 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Yma! Thanks for starting us off. It's like a whole job and I'm thankful QJB has done it as long as she has and thrilled you've taken up the task today! ??

I had a great weekend - old friends on Friday night which made my heart happy, Saturday was organizing and removing all photos from albums so I can keep the memories but not have six huge plastic bins that weigh a jillion points, and yesterday was a Jiu Jitsu women's workshop my friend ran - I think I can get away from an intruder who runs up behind me and puts his arms around me on the street now!

It feels so good to be organizing and purging. One week from today the truck will be loaded!!!

I had a great class this morning and then ran into giant for life forces: rotisserie chicken, boars head chicken, avocados, cheese, and creamer. Yum. I'm set for todays meals!

Q: I have my spirits animal, an 11 year old chunky tabby named Chloe. She runs this house. I got her in the split. As if there were any other option!!!

Ymaliz
on 10/7/24 6:50 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I'm so happy to hear you got custody of Chloe!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

ladygodiva1228
on 10/7/24 8:13 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Monday yuck. Wish I was home in bed still. The fishing trip was so much fun, but I'm so tired. I forgot how exhausting it is to be out on the water all day. We fished for Sea Bass and Blue fish. I caught a few bass, but I was too tired to have to deal with the bluefish those suckers can fight hard and my left shoulder was killing me after 4 hours of fishing for the bass. The weather was perfect for being on the sound in October and in the end everyone got to take some bass and blue fillets home. The crew of the charter were so nice and funny as hell. We plan to go next Summer with a few friends on a more private charter with not so many people.

Oh funny thing that did happen when we went to board the boat. I had a big baggie of homemade jerky under my arm and deck boss stopped me asking what I had. I told him jerky he asked to see it as he thought it was a big bag of weed. LOL Like I would just be carrying a bag of marijuana around with me for everyone to see. We all laughed about it.

QOTD: In the house is a 3 y/o German Shepherd Meisha who is a pain in the ass and can't leave you alone for 1 second and a grumpy 10 y/o Manx cat Finley who would rather watch you die than do anything useful like catch a mouse. Outside there is the 12 y/o Gypsy Vanner April who besides acting like she's starving all the time is a good mare and a love bug. Then there are the two goats and I lost count of how many chickens we have.

Not sure what I'm going to eat today, just kind of been picking at the jerky. I feel like just drinking coffee all day since it's rainy and dreary and I want to go back to bed.

Have a nice day everyone.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Lisa91941
on 10/7/24 8:44 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

Just leaving this here for the accountability. Yesterday I clocked 26 minutes of exercise and 6703 steps. I got my bathroom cabinet cleaned out and reorganized. I love that feeling of opening it and seeing it all spotless and organized. I ended up at the neighbors for dinner and enjoyed 1 and 1/2 glasses of wine on the deck. We have a huge Ocktoberfest in our village and Rog and his buddies went. Picture on Friday!

Today I have completed my HIIT class and I did the mini summit for Mt. Helix. HIIT class was at the top this week. 9 reps of the stairs doing singles, doubles and then 5 with squats, push ups and triceps' dips, repeat to the top. 7 weight and resistance stations at the bottom Xs 3. I am pooped. I need to shower, eat and then head off for a DEXA scan. Fingers crossed that 2 years of intentional work will show an improvement over my last scan and I don't have to start any meds. And then grocery shopping.

QoTD: Black dog and Brown dog. So spoiled

Bites today

B: last of the pork chop

L: beef taco, 1/4 c refried beans.

D: Not 100% sure yet. But maybe chicken Caesar salad.

Peace!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Icecream Dreamer
on 10/7/24 3:00 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Mt Helix lives up to its name. I still remember when you said now we skip a step and I was like yeah...nope!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 143.4

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 10/7/24 3:24 pm - Warren, OH

One of my hints for keeping things organized is my PTouch label maker. When I organize, I put like objects into bins or drawer dividers and I make labels that tell me what belongs there. I get somewhat obsessive with different label colors and fonts. I have been doing that for about 30 years. My other hint is to clean and "edit" first and then buy storage containers for what is still there after the keep, donate, trash part has been done. We all keep way too much that we find out we don't miss when it is gone. Most people start an organizing project by buying containers which make it easier to keep storing things that will never get used.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends