What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/26/24 6:01 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I've always hated pot roast but I've always really liked my mom's meatloaf! I'll happily eat it if she makes it but I'd never bother to make it myself. It's just an unnecessary amount of work and dirty pans IMO!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 9/26/24 6:41 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Progress always makes a great day. I am happy for your NSV. I cringe when I look at the size of my pants lately.

One more day and I start my staycation. I plan to get my closet organized and pull down all my fall decorations and knock that all off my list of to do's. I am also hoping to get to a few museums as I mentioned earlier. However, if it is nice I may have Ron drive me to Shanksville to see the memorial that is something I have not done yet.

QOTD: Pot Roast and meat loaf are on my rotation. Spaghetti and Beef stroganoff are out. I love beef Stroganoff, and I got moms recipe, but it is served with egg noodles, and I have not found a sufficient sub for the noodles.

Accountability: I did not blow it!! But instead of digging in peanut butter and crackers I subbed for Asian Pears. So not bad.

TSS: 6 years 9-months 15-days 166.6 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate pumpkin spice creamer

MS: Premier Protein Caramel and berry's

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate pumpkin spice creamer

L: crockpot pizza, spaghetti squash, snack select

D: Sirloin steak salad or leftover turkey meatloaf.

Exercise: small amount of dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 9/26/24 7:05 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

That meme cracked me up. When my kids were little DH would take them to Disney store to get me a present for Mother's Day or my bday. Somehow they would always get me Grumpy (one of the Snow White dwarves) sweatshirts, grumpy statues, anyways always grumpy related stuff. It took me a good 2-3 years of these presents till I realized that's how my kids see me. So I told DH no more Disney presents for me. I still have the grumpy statue and it makes me smile when I see it.

QOTD:If I don't cook what my mom/grandma cooked is because I'm not capable. I don't think I had anything I didn't like. OK, now that I think of it some sort of salad with a lot of mayo. I am now a big mayo hater and can't stand it, and I think it's because of that chicken potatoes mayo concoction.

JB - do you not like the meatloaf your mom made? I have a meatloaf recipe that is "passed down" and includes spinach and Parmesan and it's sooooo good. My kids love it and ask for it when they are home.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • TikTok cucumber salad w/salmon
  • Barebells bar
  • Protein icecream - butter mint
  • E: 1 hr elliptical

Happy almost Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Queen JB
on 9/26/24 8:25 am
RNY on 07/20/15

No I actually really liked the meatloaf it's just one of those meals that takes 43 pots and pans and I just have no inclination to make it.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Lisa91941
on 9/26/24 8:00 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. It's cool and grey here. But not crisp. Too much humidity for crisp. More like moist. Ewwww.

I ended up taking two walks yesterday on my rest day. One for the steps in the morning coolness and then when Roger left for softball practice I realized I had only half the steps I needed and no other plans so I put my sneakers back on and went out for another walk in the late afternoon hazy sun. I ended the day with 76 minutes of exercise, 10,844 steps. No running in place needed thanks to the second walk. Food was really good. Lunch was excellent. Chicken kebob and veggies. Huge serving. I've get enough for at least two more meals. I did add a serving of TJ's maple popcorn last night. All water, all day.

Today I am hitting up the gym for the weight machine circuit, times 2. Maybe 3 if I'm feeling it. But that would be the most I have done yet. And the treadmill. Roger is going and he'll probably go to the jacuzzi while I'm hoofing out my steps. And I have a fitting for a dress a friend of mine is altering this afternoon. Again, wild and crazy plans over here.

QoTD: I carried several things into my young marriage. But I began to realize how bad a cook my mom was and either found a new way to cook the items or kicked them to the curb completely. I do still make my Mom's version of Shepard's Pie and when the kids are home they ask for Mock Tacos or BBQ cups. But that is it. Sorry Mom!

Bites today

B: egg bacon 1 slice dave's killer bread

L: chicken kebob and veggies

D: Santa Maria style roast, salad, a little mashed potatoes

Peace!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Amy Liz
on 9/26/24 9:38 am
RNY on 11/21/16

What are mock tacos and BBQ cups??!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Lisa91941
on 9/26/24 12:24 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

As my oldest son's girlfriend once told me...white people trash food. Ha!

Mock Taco heat one can of no bean chili really hot, place nacho cheese doritos in a bowl, cover with a big scoop of chili, add lettuce, tomato and shredded cheddar. Ta Dah! Mock tacos.

BBQ Cups. brown up 1 pound ground beef and season with salt pepper, garlic, onion powder. drain well. Add enough bottled bbq sauce to be moist. Pop open a can of thick refrigerator biscuits and use a rolling pin (or in my childhood home a glass because Mom had no need for a rolling pin) and a little flour to roll each one out flat. Tuck into muffin tins. Add the meat mixture and top with cheese. Cheddar, swiss what ever melts. Bake per directions on the biscuits. Little hand sammies.

Amy Liz
on 9/26/24 1:13 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Mock tacos sound FAB! I love an easy heat and eat. I wonder if Quest chips would be good or get soggy?

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Lisa91941
on 9/26/24 1:38 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

Even Doritos get soggy! I always put out separate bowls of everything and tell everyone to make their own bowl so they can dig in right away. That way they can start eating before the chili gets the Doritos too soggy.

Julia S.
on 9/26/24 8:29 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I saw the news of the bulls running through the town in MA and I was wondering if anyone was close to it. Apparently they escaped from a rodeo. It took quite a while to round them up.

Apparently the Instacart shopper I had last week doesn't know the difference between nectarines and red plums. I kept trying to figure out why they were so hard and didn't taste like nectarines. They were really green and hard and even after a few days in a paper bag they still don't taste very good. Plums definitely are not usually on my list.

I got the cold that my roommate had, I ordered Nyquill capsules and ended up with liquid. There is nothing more vile than Nyquill. But I gagged it down, ended up waking around midnight and didn't really get back to sleep except for a few minutes here and there. Not a good night.

It's foggy this morning and is only supposed to get to 70, I'm not sure if it will.

It's either feast or famine at work. Not to long ago I only had 16 hours for a week, and now I have so many jobs stacked up I'm not sure how I'll get through them. But work is good.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
Recent Topics