What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/26/24 2:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! It's almost the end of the week. Yay!

Ok, Herbert came, which is amazeballs, but........ we still have no ho****er!! :( Because yesterday the power was out all day, and they can't fire up the gas burner without electricity. It's supposed to happen at 8am today, but I am not holding my breath. I am headed into the office soon, and with any luck I will come home to a piping hot shower and clean dishes. Fingers crossed.

QOTD: Did you grow up with food you ate all the time that you never eat anymore? I can think of two dinners my mom made - pot roast and meatloaf! We used to have the both often but I have never made either.

Accountability continues to be nil. We ordered out again last night because we had no electricity. But I do have an NSV to share! I wore a pair of pants yesterday that are in the single digits and I hadn't worn since before grad school.

I guess I will plan on the same as yesterday - egg bites, salad & leftovers (omg I have so many leftovers it's insane).

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 9/26/24 3:08 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. Hoping 8 am is the magical hour for you and Grim. That's just way to long without ho****er!

Apparently I have migraines now. It was just so bad last night. On top of a quick stomach bug I had yesterday. Finally got the headache to let up some after taking a mix of things. Today looks to be better. I do need to get back to the dentist for a slight adjustment to my denture. We might go to Sam's but that may wait until tomorrow,

Sending all the positive energy I can muster to those in the path of Helene. Please be as safe as possible!

QOTD: my grandpa used to make fried yellow squash that was so so good, he grew them himself and they were perfection. He also made a killer chili Mac. I haven't had either since he passed and a few years before that. I could make them myself but it's just not the same. Also his favorite I made was chicken and dumplings and I haven't been able to make it since I made it for him.

food is up in the air because we need groceries.

Congrats on the NSV QJB! That's awesome!

Mel

Dcgirl
on 9/26/24 4:49 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Woohoo! That's an amazing NSV! Congratulations. I'm so excited for you. I'm at the point where it's very noticeable and it's so hard to remember who I told I'm doing Wegocy to lol. It's not a secret but I don't make it my Slack status, ya know? I always tell people who comment or ask and are obese. To remove some stigma and answer questions if they have them.
QOTD: my mom loved a dinner of shake and bake chicken breast, rice a roni, and salad with fat free ranch, back in the 80s. She was always the first to hop on any weight loss bus whether the fat free movement, the margarine movement, the phen-fen movement. And she wasn't even fat! This is why I haven't told her about Wegovy. I don't need the food police!

I also have a great story about Shake and Bake. One of my closest college friends got a job in Baltimore about 10 years ago. She and her mom were apartment hunting and they had a demoralizing first day. I joined them on the second day to see some places in the Mt Vernon neighborhood. On our walk to a place her mom mused, I wonder what's near here. Do you have a grocery store? Well, I'll talk to a wall so about a minute later I saw a guy with a plastic bag and I said "hey! Do you live around here by chance?" He said yeah. I said, "My friend here is looking at a place on this street, we were just curious if you find this neighborhood safe and also where do you grocery shop?", He said he loved the area and there are two choices. Eddie's, just two blocks over, or Safeway which is a bus ride away. Then he proceeded to tell us all about how Eddies is so convenient but pretty pricy. He then said "I mean a box of Shake and Bake is $3.99 at Eddies and only $2.59 at Safeway!" We chatted a bit and thanked him and went to the appointment. All day long we would randomly crack up about how RANDOM it is to compare THAT item. Not milk, not eggs, not something very typical LOL

My eats today are sparse. I'm going to have to break down and stop at the store tonight after the gym. I still have turkey and cheese so that's breakfast. I also have tuna and i was considering a mixture of tuna, goat cheese and olive tapenade. Or would it be better with feta cheese? (Grim do NOT weigh in here lol).

Swinging a chicken that ho****er is back today. Apparently yesterdays chicken hit Herbert right in the face and spurred him to action!

catwoman7
on 9/26/24 5:08 am
RNY on 06/03/15

ha ha! (the Shake & Bake story). He must have eaten a lot of it! These comments are reminding me of those annoying commercials for it that were on when I was a kid. UGH!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

ladygodiva1228
on 9/26/24 6:29 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Go with Feta.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Sheila_H
on 9/26/24 7:13 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I bet if you weren't there, nobody would have approached the guy, and that nugget of info would have been forever hidden from your friend and her mom.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Amy Liz
on 9/26/24 4:56 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Hopefully you guys are able to get back to normal today. I ended up WFH yesterday because I didn't feel well. I still feel horrible, and the headache I have is the worst part. The kind that wakes you up and you know you should get up and take something, but don't want to move and make it worse so you suffer. I have to go in today and finish my report. Tomorrow is a holiday for us so yay but now I gotta hustle. The handycouple came yesterday to finish assembling the couch. They had the whole thing done in 15 minutes. We were the problem, not the couch, lol. They knocked money off the bill - nice! Worth every penny.

If anyone saw in the news about a CA courthouse bombing yesterday, that was my town. The same courthouse Rob is at almost everyday, luckily not yesterday.

QOTD - Roast leg of lamb and boiled corned beef. The smell and the fat grossed me out. Now, I love grilled lamb chops or baked corned beef where the fat is rendered and crispy.

Accountability - none. food was comfort meh, 10 active minutes and 6,021 steps. Today I'm 169.0 no treadmill - i'm resting.

B- coffee, legendary cinnamon roll

l- buffalo chicken w/celery

d- breakfast or leftovers

s- pineapple, apple, edamame

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Emiepie
on 9/26/24 5:10 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I didn't see that but I'm glad Rob wasn't there, scary!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 9/26/24 5:23 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I did see that! I'm glad Rob wasn't there, hope you feel better today as the day goes on.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 9/26/24 7:22 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Rob loves the NBC TV channel in CO, Denver I think? We always watch that news before the NBC Nightly (in which our bombing was the second story after the hurricane) so we are familiar with all political ads in your area. Interesting!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Most Active
Recent Topics