What's on your Monday Menu?

Mkess
on 9/23/24 8:30 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and welcome to the first day of the rest of your life,

I had a weekend full of excitement. Thursday, I had a deep, fulfilling half hour conversation with my Uber driver. On Friday, I was invited to and attended an Art and Prayer event. My friend wanted to say hello to a friend before we left. That friend was the same Uber driver. We all took a walk together and I exchanged numbers with the driver, Heather. We've been getting to know each other ever since. I don't know why we were put in each other's path. I'm hoping to find out.

Other weekend highlights and low-lights. I went to the beach Saturday for 6 hours and didn't get burnt. I spent Sunday afternoon with my Mom. An 80+ year old friend accused me of stealing $600 from her. I was helping her last month when she was really struggling and may have had a stroke. It's apparent that she has dementia. She confronted me publicly at my club where I'm treasurer and wouldn't listen to reason. She was accusing me of doing things when I wasn't even in town.

These types of things make me question helping others and sticking my neck out for them. I am already cautious helping others and my personal information is rarely known. It sucks that I have to consider these situations too while wanting to help others in the future.

Dentist today- Yay!

QOTD- Howard Duck and faces of death.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, half bagel thin with lox.

L: rotisserie chicken.

D: chicken stir fry with lemongrass, ginger, etc & an extra veggie on the side. I haven't eaten many green things lately.

S: Reese's peanut butter cup.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Teenie
on 9/23/24 9:01 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Old people are a challenge but someone gotta help if their own kids don't step up. You're a good egg for trying dear.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 9/23/24 10:11 am - Warren, OH

My sister in law had dementia and once accused my husband of stealing from her. My mother several times hid money somewhere and then accused people of stealing it when she could not find it. We finally told her to stop withdrawing money and to leave it in the bank. It is sad what happens to their minds and it does make you wary of helping them. The "stolen" money always turned up in a drawer or some other spot. It caused a lot of hurt feelings and made it difficult to help them.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lisa91941
on 9/23/24 8:46 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. So late to the posting party. So much accomplished this morning. Fair exchange.

I had a lovely day of softball with the family and fun dinner out with a dear friend. I have TONS of leftovers. We went to a Tapas house, just three of us, and ordered 7 tapas. Interestingly, my friend is morbidly obese. To the point I have to call ahead to restaurants and confirm they can accommodate him. He's like 6'4" and around 425-450. He's been on Wegovy for about 5 weeks with no weight loss. He also has not had any quieting of the food noise in his brain. He lives alone and works remotely a lot so he's also dealing with boredom eating. But what was interesting is in all the meals we had together this weekend, he really ate very little. And that thought was reinforced by me bringing home left overs from every tapa we ordered. Normies could easily eat 2-3 each of the size tapas we were served. I wish him luck on the weight loss. He's very unhappy but not willing to consider any type of surgery at this point.

Under accountability for yesterday, I failed in steps and exercise. But I think I did pretty good with food. I had one bite of every tapa and a couple were worth two bites. I stuck to water all day.

Today I've got the hard stuff done. Work out, yard work, dishwasher emptied, showered, trash out. I need a Target run and I'm going to wander the mall to get in steps. I swear I just spent an hour at HITT class running up and down and all around and I'm only at 3985 steps. I'll need to be mindful to get to my 10 K.

QoTD: Everything scared me. I mean that almost literally. Bu****ch Night of the Living Dead as young teenager left me with nightmares for years and a lifelong commitment to avoiding scary movies. 45 years later, that ban still holds.

bites today.

B: carnitas meat with a scrambled egg

L: so many options. I'm going with the shrimp and andouille sausage with white beans

D: beef fajitas with lots of veggies and a zero carb tortilla

Peace!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
Recent Topics