What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Lisa91941
on 9/10/24 11:27 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I know right where those rocks are at!

Julia S.
on 9/10/24 7:16 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Awful especially sitting at a desk all day. I hunch forward and my back pays for it. I've also lost 2" of height.

I will probably watch the debate, the only problem is I can't stand listening to that man blather on. I keep hearing conflicting polls, in one the orange one is supposed to win in a landslide and in the others are closer. I don't trust polls so we'll just have to suffer through the next 55 days...

It's so dark in the morning now, cooler weather and winter is creeping up on us. I'll be glad to see the end of the 90+ days.

Happy Birthday Papa! Yesterday was my Dads birthday, he would have been 101. It's hard to believe that he has been gone for 17 years now.

I will get my first Social Security payment next month. My Medicare payment will be deducted from it so I won't have to pay out of pocket any more. I did opt to have taxes taken out of it so I won't get hit at the end of the year. I'm going to keep working until I get my bills paid and can do some work on this house. I did find out there is some incentives from the Energy Trust of Oregon to replace my windows, so anything will help.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Partlypollyanna
on 9/10/24 10:05 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Definitely good to look into what your power company and your state offer. I know Colorado offers tax relief with some of the environmentally friendly changes like windows, energy star appliances, etc

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 9/10/24 8:33 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning from the treadmill again! This brain challenge makes time fly but I'm not so sure about the safety side of this. Ha!
Yesterday was a good day for me. I clocked 81 minutes of exercise and 12,895 steps. I was good with food but definitely needed an extra snack. I also decorated some of my house. I am channeling Fall to bring an end to this heat wave. Today is supposed to be the end. Just got my electric bill. I really need this heat to end or I'm going to have to give up wine or snacks or something to pay that bill again!

We are having a debate watch party tonight and I bought everything I need for except the cheese. Dammit. Back to the store with me after class.

QOTD: Pretty good and my trainer is big on upper back exercises to help counteract the hunching we all do from being on screens. I try to do them three times a day. I don't know if it helps but it feels good.

bites today

b: protein bar after workout so I don't buy everything in the grocery store

l: turkey and pesto

s: smoked brisket cheese, figs and maybe a bite or two of fun things. And wine.

Peace!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Partlypollyanna
on 9/10/24 10:19 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I really want figs now. Bruschetta with goat cheese, procuitto and figs.

Jen

Lisa91941
on 9/10/24 11:32 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Halve the fig and scoop out a little bit (and save for something else) add some goat cheese in the little divot. I use TJ's Honey Goat cheese that I let come up to room temp a bit to make handling it easier. Take prosciutto and cut it in half length wise. Wrap 1/2 a piece of the prosciutto around and around the fig half and place flat side down on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Repeat with all your ingredients. Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes until the prosciutto crisps up. You can drizzle with balsamic glaze if you want. Salty, sweet, crunchy, soft. You can thank me later! In fact, I am making these for an app tonight because my neighbor's fig tree is going crazy and there are figs everywhere!

Partlypollyanna
on 9/10/24 4:14 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, I have done that but not wrapped the fig and roasted, more assembled and the warmed. I like your approach better!

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 440 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 342 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 189 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?