What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 7/30/24 7:54 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I have it and the only treatment that was ever offered was metformin and lose weight. It might be different if someone wanted to address fertility issues caused by it but outside that, it's not a thing that can be treated really.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 7/30/24 11:16 pm - Amarillo, TX

I think what bothered me is dismissiveness of her attitude. I only skied for a treatment of one of the symptoms and their response was to pretty much go kick rocks. I have a note sent in for my PCP to see if he'd approve a medication for this particular symptom so we'll see! I am hopefull.

Mel

White Dove
on 7/30/24 8:52 am - Warren, OH

Mel, thanks for the Facebook page recommendation. I love it. I have been on one called Riding with Biden for years and it is now called Hanging with Harris. Great site with great posts and funny memes.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Greateight
on 7/30/24 4:44 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I got home from Oregon about 2:00 yesterday and managed to get a fairly productive work day in. Our trip was great, visiting with friends, fantastic food and great hospitality. The fishing wasn't great because of the time of year, with the warmer river water, but we did manage to break in our new rods with some rainbow trout. And our friends have a really cute Basset Hound named Henry. I thought that the dog was a Beagle (Kelly's favorite), but I was a bit off in my zoology.

Today is an office day. I go back out on the road Friday, we are going up to Toronto to meet friends who are in the city for the tennis tournament. Friday night we were supposed to see Heart, but they had to cancel because Ann Wilson is dealing with some health issues. Cheap Trick will sub in for Heart. I love Cheap Trick but the reason for the concert, for me, was Heart. On top of that, they played in the Chicago suburbs in May and I didn't bother to go because I was going in Toronto. Hopefully Ann recovers and they are on the road next year.

Four weeks until the triathlon. I had to miss swimming yesterday because of a client call, but I am bringing my gear to Toronto because the hotel has a pool. And we are cycling through the city on Saturday, so that will check off my weekly ride.

QOTD: I'm not sure that I have much to offer other than to marry well.

Breakfast: bagel

Lunch: catered

Dinner: Sausage and spaghetti

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 7/30/24 5:35 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Bassett hounds are close enough to resemble the cuteness of a beagle.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 7/30/24 6:59 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I'm sure Rons answer to the QOTD would not be that! LOL But I see how it is the best answer for you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 7/30/24 5:00 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ RH is horrible, hopefully it's just the meds kicking in and doing their thing. I have an early meeting this morning and a ton of work to get done after so I need to get moving!

QOTD - Time saving hack - being organized and prepared so things go smoothly. Nothing like forgetting 5 things on your way out the door - set yourself up for success.

Accountability - Great, 53 active minutes and 10,546 steps. Today- 166.4 and 30 minutes done on the treadmill. No time for a work walk, swimming after work.

B- coffee, cottage cheese, HB egg

l - lite salami and cheese on protein bread

d - pineapple teriyaki meatballs and rice

s- protein mint chip creami

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

catwoman7
on 7/30/24 5:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I was crazy busy last week, plus our cat with the severe corneal ulcer has to get three different eye drops every 2-3 hours, so that's been my life for the last several days. We've been finishing up what we need to do to close my MIL's probate case (we're finally done with our part - now we just have to wait for the CPA to finish up and submit the final tax returns, and we can close!!). We also had several visits with charities and university offices last week to help us determine which ones we want to include in our trust. We originally had the visits spread out over a couple of weeks, but we both had COVID and had to reschedule the ones from the week before. So last week was nuts. Today we are visiting someone from the university athletic dept because we may be interested in including women's hockey in our trust, since we love going to the hockey games. Then on August 7 we will be having a tour and interview with a vet clinic that was started by the vet school for low income families (and individuals) with pets. They provide free and low cost (on a sliding scale) basic services - exams, vaccines, spay/neuters, etc. I didn't even know this place existed!

yesterday we had someone here measuring windows that need to be replaced. We've replaced about half of our windows over the years, but we thought we should probably do the rest since we have the $$ now, and they'll probably all need to be replaced anyway before we sell the house in 10-15 years. Most of the ones left to replace do have a few issues - like condensation in the winter because the storms no longer fit properly (the windows are original and the house is 70 years old) - and a couple of them don't stay open (plus it'll be great never have to deal with any storm windows again!!). While the guy was here, he noticed a couple of things on the outside of the house - like some water damage, so we jotted all that down to since it'll need to be fixed. I'm dreading seeing the estimate. Plus he said we'd likely have to get new window coverings (we have wooden blinds on most of the windows that'll be replaced), so we may want to break this job into two parts since I don't particularly want to walk around in the bedrooms and bathrooms at night with no windows coverings for the month or whatever it takes to order and install window coverings.`

more going on, but this is already getting too long. Sorry!!!

QOTD: nothing really - although sometimes I'll make a huge pot of chili, soup, or dal and we'll eat that for several days.

coffee with half & half

skyr with fruit

protein shake

salad with diced chicken

protein muffin

salmon and green beans or else something with zucchini (I'll make one tonight and the other tomorrow)

ex: I'd better do something because I got very little last week exercise between all the meetings and the rain. It's supposed to rain today (and for the next few days, too), so maybe I can get out and bike or walk while it's clear

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 7/30/24 7:58 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You can get temporary stick on blinds while you wait for your window treatments. They cost like 3 a blind and from the outside just look like pleated shades.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 7/30/24 2:12 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

oooo thanks! I'll look for those!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 293 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 338 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 331 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 73 views