What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/30/24 3:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning Gang! I put my head down and got a TON of work done yesterday. I am so relieved. I think that by the end of the day I should be left with a normal sized to-do list. Fingers crossed that nothing wild happens so that I can get back to an average pace this week.

Something weird has been happening lately. I have always had RH if I have way too much sugar but unless I do something really stupid (an entire bowl of ice cream) it's usually just a short-lived, non-specific yucky feeling. But the last few times I have had sugar I have had the most extreme RH symptoms. On our ride home from Maine I had a handful of peanut M&Ms and for about 1.5 hours of the trip I was literally moaning. I felt like I was going to vomit every time we hit a bump on the road. I assumed it was a fluke--maybe related to being over tired and dehydrated. But last night after dinner, Grim shared a cookie with me and the same thing happened. It was over an hour of complete extreme misery with all the symptoms--runny nose, nausea, dizziness, etc. Perhaps it's Wegovy finally kicking in? I have no idea, but I think I have finally learned a lesson and will stay OFF the sugar. I swear! I had planned on trying some protein ice cream today but even sweetness from fake sugar sounds yucky right now.

QOTD: What's your favorite time-saving hack? I am still pretty happy with my weekly Hungryroot delivery. I have completely cut grocery shopping out of my life and I am spending less. At most, I spend about 5 - 7 minute a week reviewing my upcoming order and making a few adjustments. Huge timesaver! Yay!

Accountability: I had about 5 forkfuls of Lobster Mac & Cheese (mostly the lobster) for breakfast & lunch, a bag of light popcorn for a snack, and a cheeseburger (no bun) for dinner. Then of course, there was the stupid cookie. On the plus side, I drank a ton of electrolyte water.

I still have at least half of what was supposed to be one serving of the Lobster Mac & Cheese left, but I after 5 servings, think I will just have one more meal with it then finally bin it.

• protein coffee
  • hard boiled egg
  • Lobster Mac & Cheese
  • arugula, chicken & black olives
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 7/30/24 3:24 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Tuesday! Yesterday was crazy crazy busy but today is just crazy busy, one less crazy is improvement!

Office day so I need to be out of here in an hour, then I have to meet a recruiter for coffee at 8 so I'll get a few hours in and then go back and forth, lots of meetings and then meeting a girlfriend for dinner at the mozzarella bar I love, also need to go by target and to drop off some amazon returns. Will be very productive!

QOTD - I don't know that I have any, I really don't get the whole "this is a hack" mindset. I just do things the way I do them.

menu today is

coffee plus half and half X3 plus a bonus SF chai

L&F greek

chomps

@Parma this friend and I always split the pear, blue cheese salad and the chef's cheese selections so that, plus I'll have some of the ciabatta with the pesto dip.

Have a terrific tuesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 7/30/24 5:33 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Your dinner sounds delish, enjoy!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 7/30/24 6:03 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Mozzarella bar

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 7/30/24 6:53 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Your dinner sounds lovely. Enjoy!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 7/30/24 4:08 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! QJB, sorry about the RH, sugar alcohols do that to me more than plain sugar. I hope that it resolves itself with the no sugar thing!

Yesterday was frustrating. I saw an OBGYN at the clinic and she declared I likely have PCOS. I thought yay! Someone was finally listening to me. Ha! She went and talked with the main doctor(she is a medical intern I guess) and they decided due to my age, 43, that there was no point in even testing for it because I'll be going through the change most likely sooner than later. I was damn near tears. It was just a so very frustrating experience. I feel so let down by the medical "professionals" I have in my life.

A slightly political thing I have to mention. I found a Facebook group that has had me rolling and laughing. Cat ladies for Kamala Harris. I recommend it if you are on that side of the isle. I don't have any of you on my friends list or I'd invite some of y'all! It's so worth it as it's hilarious.

QOTD: I don't really have any. If any I guess I buy hard boiled eggs from Sam's for my breakfasts.

Food is terribly unknown. I'm really tired so not likely to cook much if at all.

Mel

Queen JB
on 7/30/24 4:27 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 25 years ago and the diagnosis has done nothing to support me other than give me a name for my issue and it probably helped convince insurance to pay for my surgery. But there is nothing that can be done about it other than to lose weight, so it's an annoying diagnosis. I wouldn't worry about it.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 7/30/24 4:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I was going to say the same thing. I don't have PCOS, but I know a few people who do. I don't think there's really anything they can do about it. I think I'd at least be glad to finally know what was likely going on, though - having weird symptoms and not having any clue what was wrong (and having medical people who don't know or suspect the issue, either) would be worse, I think. Although admittedly, I'm not the patient in question..

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 7/30/24 5:31 am - Amarillo, TX

I know you're right. It was just kind of the hair that broke the camels back. She said we could treat the symptoms and then pulled out any hope for a certain one that is seriously bothering me. It's something I pretty much already knew I had.

Mel

Julia S.
on 7/30/24 7:35 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Mel thank you so much for that Facebook group, it is hilarious.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 63 views
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 104 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 279 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 291 views