What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/29/24 3:28 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! We're home from a fantastic four day trip to Maine, filled with lots of lobster and lots of learning. I really enjoyed the class and I am proud of the box I made! It still has a little left to do to fini**** but this is it! I'm not sure if you can see it, but the top of the handle is hand carved, too. I learned so much and it was phenomenally fun. It was great to sleep in my own bed and pet my kitties, though. Yay for home!

I am absolutely exhausted. We got home past our bedtime and the entire weekend was go-go-go, so I would kill for a lazy day. But it's back to work ASAP because my to-do list is a little scary. I think I only have a few easy meetings, though, so hopefully I have enough oomph in me in me to really tackle it!

QOTD: Do you have a favorite summer food? Mine is obvious--I love me a Maine style lobster roll with light mayo! But I also love fresh cherries and hot dogs from the grill :)

Accountability: I think I did okay. I had the meat out of a few lobster rolls (skipped the buns) for dinner every night, and we had eggs and sausage for breakfast on 2 of the days. I definitely had little extra bites of crap here and there, but it wasn't terrible, considering. We also didn't get a chance to snack between meals at all, so that was good. We were busy and on our feet the whole time, but I can't say it amounted to steps of exercise.

But last night we stopped for our last meal out and I got lobster Mac & Cheese. Yummmm. It was delish. I only managed about 6 bites but it was amazing. I am pretty sure I can get about 6 - 8 more meals out of that one serving and I think I might just say that's my meal plan today because I am too tired to plan anything else. Maybe I will add in a little salad later if I am feeling wild and crazy. Or maybe I will finally decide I am tired of lobster and find something else. I honestly can't think right now.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 7/29/24 4:14 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Monday! I am ready for the new week! It's going to be busy, busy, busy.

QOTD - No, I can't think of any summer foods.

So many meetings today and I'm behind because I ended up taking a half day on Friday. I didn't get dressed or off the sofa saturday but yesterday I felt well enough to get out and went and saw Deadpool & Wolverine. Very entertaining but definitely not appropriate for the little kids that were in there. Their parents were pepped with questions through the movie, questions that I wouldn't want to answer.

Accountability - when I took my Fitbit off around 4 on friday I only had 1753 steps and I'm pretty sure I got less than that Saturday and Sunday. But back at it today with a rowing session this morning.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

turkey and cheese roll ups

filet

L&F greek

Have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 7/29/24 5:36 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad you're feeling better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 7/29/24 7:01 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Oh, sorry your weekend had to be used on healing. Glad you're feeling better.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Mkess
on 7/29/24 7:14 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Glad you're feeling better.

Asking for a friend...Would you recommend the movie to someone who is 44 but has a 13 year old sense of humor?

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 224 9lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." -Melody Beattie

Partlypollyanna
on 7/29/24 10:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That's the target audience!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 7/29/24 5:00 am - Warren, OH

That basket is so beautiful. I can see it heaped with apples or a seasonal arrangement. Amazing work. My summer craving is fresh Ohio homegrown tomatoes and corn on the cob. I used to have my own garden and watch the tomatoes grow all summer.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 7/29/24 5:08 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Very cool box! Happy to hear you had lots of lobster and fun. I took a 100% rest day Saturday and one last day to wallow in my whoa and move on with my life. Yesterday was busy on my feet all day around the house and running errands. The house is clean and organized and mama is very happy. You know you're getting old when you injure your shoulder while putting on a fitted sheet, smh. I hope it's better by tomorrows swim time. I need to cram a whole week's worth of work into 2 1/2 days this week. I'm working a half day Wed due a Dr. appt and off Thur/Fri for other appts and my sons 30th birthday.

QOTD - In summer, there is nothing like fresh picked, in season summer fruit and veggies. Cherries most definitely #1, nectarines/peaches, plums, melons, berries - all amazing. Tomatoes and corn are the absolute best in summer.

Accountability - good, 28 active minutes and 11,369 steps. Today I'm 166.2 and 30 minutes done on the treadmill, work walk if time allows.

b- coffee, cottage cheese, tomato, EBB, protein shake

l - Real Good Burrito, greek yogurt and salsa

d - TJ's gyro meat salad

s - nectarine

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Melody P.
on 7/29/24 5:29 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. Lovely work QJB!

I've been up since 11:10. Yikes. I predict a crash! I got a lot done though. I ran out of jump rings for one project but can send the part I have done today. I think...still waiting to hear from my boss. It was an ok weekend. Nothing too exciting. I feel rough though. My right hand and lower arm was sleep/numb all day yesterday.

Todaymis a busy one. I have an appointment with my OBGYN this afternoon for a well women's visit...yay lol. We have the kids too. We also need to run to Walmart. I'm almost out of my preferred coffee and we know that's just unacceptable! We're under a excessive heat warning today too...high of 105° predicted.

QOTD: allllll the veggies! I love em. Also fresh fruit!

B: pancake on a stick with sausage & coffee

L: ???

D: thinking some chicken

Mel

Emiepie
on 7/29/24 5:35 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Your woodworking skills are amazing, that basket is gorgeous. So glad you enjoyed your weekend/class. I had a relaxing weekend and the weather was a bit cooler so no complaints here. Em had long shifts this weekend but we got pedicures and lunch yesterday which was something my heart needed. Oh and I have joined the Creami club. We got one and have started experimenting, I'm pleasantly surprised and I'm sure we will use it often especially the rest of the summer. Sheila- when you use a protein drink do you mix in ice cream or lite ice cream?

QOTD: Stone fruit

TSS: 9 years 11 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Grilled chicken, cauliflower, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: Protein ice cream and carbmaster toast

E: 1/2 hour elliptical and 20 mins Pilates bar

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1229 Protein:107 Carbs:128 Fat:36

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 63 views
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 104 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 279 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 291 views