Happy Saturday!What's on your menu today?

Amy Liz
on 7/27/24 6:10 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I'm up early and feeling better today! I went grocery shopping yesterday and I'm all stocked up on fruits, veggies and protein. No excuses anymore. Yesterday was a good day, I got in a nap before dinner, but dinner was pizza. Only one slice (albeit big), but my last f*it for a long while. I slept hard last night and feel like myself now - good! Today will be a few errands, house stuff, an easy hike to break in my new shoes, grilling for dinner and movie tonight. All good stuff.

QOTD - What holds you back from doing all the things you need to do to get to your goals? Mine tends to be emotions - how I feel is everything. Be it sick, stressed and overwhelmed, I revert back to my fat girl behaviors. The line of least resistance is too easy in my feelings and I do stupid things like overeat, drink and don't exercise. Staying committed and strong is hard work and I'm more than willing to do the work but sometimes it's too much. Being prepared is everything so I'm focused on that to get back on top of these things.

Accountability - Pizza. I didn't eat much else but a sandwich and fruit - oh - flash back to hitting a bag of croutons, hard....weird, right? 9 active minutes and 5,578 steps. Today I'm 169.2 argh-ugh. My own fault - I will to do better.

B- coffee, eggbeater veggie scramble

l- chicken and chopped veggie salad w/greek yogurt dressing

d- filet mignon and asparagus

s- honeydew and pineapple, legendary chips

Have a great Saturday!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Melody P.
on 7/27/24 7:08 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin everyone hoping your weekend is off to a great start.

Not a lot planned today. We may run to the grocery store after my mom finishes mowing. I had a rough night. I couldn't grip anything in my right hand without searing pain. It made me cry. Thankfully that is gone today. Which is great as I need to work on jewelry.

My appointment yesterday was ok. My weight is horrible. But I at least got an appointment with my OBGYN set for Monday, there was a mix up when I tried to get one but my PCP's nurse got it figured out. I'm trying REALLY hard to be positive or at least more so. I'm really tired so I'm hoping for a nap.

QOTD: me, myself and I. I really need to find a therapist to work through some stuff.

breakfast was eggs and a low carb tortilla, lunch ??? Dinner might be spring rolls.

Mel

Melody P.
on 7/27/24 7:09 am - Amarillo, TX

Forgot to add a pic of a piece I completed for my boss!

Mel

Amy Liz
on 7/27/24 9:38 am
RNY on 11/21/16

My hands hurt looking at this, but it's really nice work!

Lisa91941
on 7/27/24 7:22 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It's cool out and hazy and while the sun will be coming in a few hours, I am loving sitting by the open window with cool air. Had a lovely day yesterday. Two hard work out classes, watched the opening ceremonies for the Olympics, some chores done and then dinner with such fun people bay side. Early (for me) to bed. Those work outs took it out of my and agitated my back the tiniest bit. So I'll stick to walking for the next two days and try not to aggravate it and be ready for class on Monday. 112 minutes of exercise, but only 5075 steps. That's what I get for not hitting the treadmill after class!

Today I only have a facial on tap. So a nice long slow summer day to enjoy.

QoTD: I need to do two things to add to my success. 1) Clean out all the crap that has accumulated in the food pantry. Including Roger's gigantic sized container of peanut M&M's. Those types of things don't call my name when they are not in the house. 2) Move even when I don't want to. I don't think there has been a single day when I have intentionally skipped any type of exercise that I have not regretted it in the evening. How many evenings do I sit and think "Dammit, I should have take a walk?" Too many! How many times have I regretted taking the walk? Never.

bites today

B: chorizo egg bake

L: P3 and pop chips

D: I hope to finally make the TJ's sundried tomato and basil chicken with mozz and orzo!

Peace everybody. Get out there and enjoy your Saturday!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Amy Liz
on 7/27/24 7:38 am
RNY on 11/21/16

So true - I always regret not exercising!! Enjoy your facial, walk and slow summer day!

Sheila_H
on 7/27/24 8:14 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning Sat people!

I hardly post on the weekends but I'm in vacay mode and not much going on. I'm still in Lisa's area.

Yesterday was a glorious day workout wise. I followed Lisa's suggestion and climbed Cowles Mt. Good thing she had told me to go early. I started on the path at 7:45 and by the time I got on top it was really hot. It wasn't an easy climb, lots of high steps, but doable. When I finished I had done about 3 miles so I went to Lake Murray and did another 2.5 miles flat just to get more miles/steps. My stats after the hike.

In the afternoon I met up with DS at UTC mall. Some shopping was done that was not necessarily planned but so many stores so little time. All in all a great day.

QOTD - when I get in "that" mode, I go off the rails. I don't exercise, I don't care about what I eat and I just wallow. But in the last 7 years I have learned I am allowed to wallow for one day. The next day I need to dust myself off and get back on the train. Not easy to do and much easier to not care. But I keep telling myself "did you go under the knife to eat like crap the way you used to?"

My meals yesterday:

• Starbucks Coffee
  • Barebells bar
  • Icecream in a cup + gourmet cone
  • Bunless burger and few fries
  • E: 3 miles hike + 2.5 miles walk

Happy weekend!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Amy Liz
on 7/27/24 9:36 am
RNY on 11/21/16

WTG on the miles!! I like the one day to wallow rule, I will remember that!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 63 views
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 104 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 279 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 291 views