What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/25/24 1:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! I am officially on vaca for the next two days, yay! I'm currently sipping coffee, but when the coffee is done, I will jump up, do a few things around the house that need to get done, then pack. We'll be on the road by 9am-ish. We're playing today mostly by ear. We'll stop somewhere along the coast for lunch, mosey our way over to the cabins, wander around the town and find dinner. Class is 9am - 5pm on Friday, Sat & Sunday.

I don't know what the wifi situation will be in the cabins. TBD if I will be able to start tomorrow.

QOTD: Did you collect anything when you were a kid? My parents used to drag me to antique stores a lot and they bribed me by letting me pick out a marble to buy at any store we went into. They were usually a nickel and the super fancy ones were a quarter. It seemed every antique store in the world had a jar of marbles to choose from, so I amassed a pretty nice collection at one point.

Food is way up in the air. Lobster shall be consumed.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 7/25/24 3:22 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning y'all! QJB and Grim, enjoy your trip and the class, safe travels!

We're heading to the lake today. My brother and his family is coming out after the kids get out of a GT camp. I've not slept well but my body is getting somewhat used to 3 hours of sleep, not necessarily a good thing but it is what it is.

I found out I have to do PT before they'll even do an X-ray. So I start that in August. I'm a little worried. My arms are going numb a lot more. When they do my hands hurt really really bad. Just to touch something hurts like heck. I hope that Pt doesn't make it worse.

We got Thai food yesterday and after like 4 bites it made me pretty sick. It's weird...last time it didn't bother me at all but man oh man did it yestrday. I barely kept myself from throwing up. So my mom got what was left except the shrimp. I had 5 I put back for dinner.

QOTD: I seemed to have collected music(CDs) and non-fiction books. I had a large collection of WWII books when I was around 15 or so.

Food is eggs, lunch meat roll ups on low carb tortillas and I've got no clue about dinner,

Necklace and bracelet set and a meme.

Mel

Emiepie
on 7/25/24 5:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you enjoy the lake day. Sorry about PT but hopefully they are able to help.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 7/25/24 3:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and yay jr Friday for most of us and happy start to the long weekend for some!

had a great after work chat with my colleague while we hiked to a waterfall before dinner, highlight of the travel week! Today I have to bounce between locations, help with the site luau, and get to the airport in time to do a meeting before boarding. It will be very rushed for sure!

accountability - after the hike we stopped at a fudge place. Fudge was never really my thing so easy to skip but I picked up two small truffles and enjoyed them. I am sure they fully offset my 63 active minutes and 15k steps

menu today is very up in the air, but there will be coffee. Although not in my room because they didn't leave any and I didn't notice til this morning, lol.

have a terrific Thursday all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 7/25/24 3:41 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oops forgot the QotD - not really, the only thing I've ever collected are books...and not so much collect as acquire like a greedy dragon does gold

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 7/25/24 5:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Safe travels home.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 7/25/24 5:06 am - Warren, OH

Back in the 50's only boys collected marbles. There were marble games everyday at recess. Boys had a drawstring bag with their collection of marbles and played each other to win more. Most had a lucky marble called a steelie. It was made of steel and that one was good for winning a match. Only a tomgirl would play marbles and one of my friends was a real tomgirl and excellent at marbles. I did think some of them were really pretty.

I collected comic books. Superman and Lois Lane. I bought three for a quarter every week when I got any allowance. I had a huge collection and probably some that would be worth a lot of money now, but my mom threw them out when cleaning one time. I also had a box of newspaper articles from historical days like the day Kennedy was assassinated. Those also went to the trash during a cleaning spree.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 7/25/24 7:07 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I remember walking to Sam Goodies every Saturday with a group of neighborhood kids to buy 45's. They would sale used records from the Juke boxes that they supplied. It was a great time to be alive.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 7/25/24 5:09 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Enjoy your Maine get away and all the lobster you can eat! This week refuses to end. It has continued to be busy while not accomplishing much. In fact it's creating more work by the day. Mexico is calling my name while allergies are kicking my ass. My eyes and nose won't stop running - just waiting for the pill to kick in and help some. Dr appt this morning, maybe I'll ask about prescription allergy meds.

QOTD - Stuffed animals, books and records - mind you as kid #6, there were a lot of hand me downs and shared items so these collections were very eclectic, but so cool.

Accountability - Great - 56 active minutes, 10,529 steps. Today I'm 167.6 - I am very puffy and tired or maybe it's all the ice cream! I want to crawl back to bed. No treadmill this morning and no time for a work walk but I do plan to swim if I have the energy and my allergies clear. My new snorkel is great - it's saving my neck and breathing is easy. If I'm too tired today, I will swim tomorrow instead, reservation has been made.

B- coffee, protein shake, protein pastry

l- chicken bites, mini salad kit

d- enchirito casserole

s- honeydew melon, grapes, jerky

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Emiepie
on 7/25/24 5:28 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning, it's Friday-Eve for some of us. Enjoy your weekend! I'm hoping to have a smooth days before the weekend aside from a few meetings on my calendar it should be decent path to the weekend.

QOTD: Pretty much stuffed animals, especially Care Bears

TSS: 9 years 11 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: I think grilled Italian sausage

ES: SF jello

E: 1/2 hour elliptical and Pilates bar

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views