What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/24/24 1:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello hello and happy hump day! It's my Fri-yay and I couldn't be more thrilled to get up to Maine for a 4 day weekend. I have more back to back meetings today, including a 3 hour schmoozy mid-day lunch meeting with all the leadership. For the second day in a row, I have no time to get actual work done, so I am taking the early early train so I can be at my desk by 7am and try to make a dent.

QOTD: Do you use apps to order ahead? I don't think I will ever stand in a line to order food again. I use the mobile-order-ahead feature at Starbucks every morning. I make my order while I'm still on the train and then pick it up on my walk to work without having to stop. The only places I ever get lunch is Sweetgreen or Cava and they both have apps to order ahead, too. Unfortunately, the airline outage also affected Starbucks order-ahead. Everyone is talking about Delta still not being on track, but I need someone to figure out how to get me my coffee without talking to anyone!

Accountability: Weird day that started with a bout of nausea and no breakfast. I ended up subbing those calories later with a protein bar in the afternoon.

• protein coffee
  • protein bar
  • arugula and steak
  • ?? dunno. I should finish the chicken and beans before we go, but I'm so over them.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 7/24/24 2:35 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. QJB and Grim, please enjoy Maine for me! It's one of the places I'd love to see. My best friend from HS lives in Biddeford. Safe travels!

Yesterday was kind of bad. I had my appointment and I just got so pissed off about it. It's like this guy follows a script and a crappy one at that. He wouldn't change my sleep aid, just upped the one I'm on now. All he ever talks about is that I need to exercise and diet(duh) and that I need to be off of some of my meds. He can no get it that I will be in pain, in some form, all my life most likely. That it's here to stay and is my normal. Of course I cried as soon as I got in the car. Not sad so much as pissed. I also found out I don't have a case manager yet again. I am not sure of my options in requesting a new provider. The wait lists are insane here for mental health care providers. I will talk to my peer support person next week about it. The clinic I go to is one that provides care to those on Medicaid and without insurance. They helped me before I was on disability but I think it may just be time for a change.

Anyways. Sorry for the book! Today holds grocery shopping. We're going to the lake tomorrow. My brother and his family are going to meet us out there. I am actually looking forward to it for once. It shouldn't be as cold of water and I just want to float. I have some adult sized noodles for my shoulders and legs. I think it'll be a relaxing time since it's just me and my mom in the car this time. It'll also be my mom's 67th birthday tomorrow.

QOTD: we use the Wendy's app for my mom and we have the app for one of the grocery stores but have never used it to order ahead. Our favorite place to eat is a local place that you can call in ahead but no app so you can't pay ahead.

food today is off skelter. Eggs, chicken and maybe an egg burrito for super. It just depends on my mood.

Percy made into a meme and a different meme.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 7/24/24 3:40 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy midweek!

Work meetings, customer meetings, maybe a customer lunch, more meetings, dinner with a colleague so busy Wednesday.

Qotd - never have, unless ordering movie tickets on AMC or Fandango count

accountability - walked over to Texas Roadhouse because I could walk there and I wanted a glass of wine. The nice waiter gave me to go bread and cinnamon butter, lol. I did not eat them last night and this morning it does not sound like a good breakfast so will toss them.

menu

coffee plus half and half

egg bites

chomps and nuts or salad wherever we do the customer lunch

tbd on dinner, we're going to walk around on of the small old towns here and then get something.

have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 7/24/24 6:00 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Bread and cinnamon butter are good only when warm and fresh. Good for you for tossing them.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 7/24/24 5:22 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Enjoy the Friyay! I'm not sure how yesterday was actually not Thursday-it sure felt like it all day. I've got a few meetings/calls on my calendar today but I need to try and remember to mentally embrace the slower days.

QOTD: Starbucks and Chipotle, always! Other places it depends on what we're doing.

TSS: 9 years 11 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, yogurt and a piece of fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: Toast

E: 1/2 hour elliptical and Pilates bar

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 7/24/24 5:28 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Yesterday was productive, yet a got nothing done kind of day. Catch up today and a meeting this afternoon. I'm pretty sore everywhere right now but that is after 10 days of no exercise while sick. I'm back and it feels great, I didn't want to get out of the pool yesterday. Peanut butter protein ice cream was awesome. I added a few pretzel sticks and SF PB cups and it reminded me of Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby. We have so much leftover ice cream. I don't think we can keep up with my ambitious production! This may end up being a weekend thing on movie night. That is when I would enjoy it the most.

QOTD - I have used them, but it depends on what it is. Starbucks, Pizza, Chipotle, Chinese - no problem. Some place need to be made fresh - no one likes soggy fries or warm sushi.

Accountability - great. 122 active minutes (treadmill, work walk, 1100 meter swim) and 13,089 steps. Today 166.6 , 30 minutes done on the treadmill and a work walk later.

B- coffee, cottage cheese, EBB, tomatoes

L- chicken bites, mini green goddess salad kit

d -low carb enchirito bake

s- protein ice cream - chocolate tonight - SF Choc chips and maybe pretzels again, they were so good.

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Sheila_H
on 7/24/24 6:04 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Once again, I wish we lived closer. I would take all those left over icecreams off your hands. Except for the pb one, that one is all yours.

Amy Liz
on 7/24/24 7:11 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I really though I would eat the whole thing every time. I could never put down a pint of Ben and Jerry's until it was gone and these are that good! But I'm only eating about 1/4 of a pint, who am I?

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Sheila_H
on 7/24/24 3:14 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Your stomach has really shrunk. And this is no longer a binge-y food, you can eat to your satisfaction. That's a huge win.

Sheila_H
on 7/24/24 5:55 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Had a wonderful day with DS yesterday. He showed me around: his favorite beaches, his favorite parks with the view, his favorite places to eat. We ended up at "the taco stand" which is famous for its el pastor taco. Gotta say I understand why they are so busy no matter the time of the day. After lunch we sat on the lawn at Kate Session park and talked talked talked while enjoying the sun and the view of the bay. Supposedly when it's not hazy you can see Tijuana.

Today I'm meeting with Miss Lisa for a morning hike at Mt Helix. After that we are going to Coronado for some walk/lunch/shop and we'll end the day at Balboa park at the Japanese garden and dinner. I feel spoiled already.

QOTD - I order ahead at starbucks, and a couple of local deli/sandwich places. The outages must have been location related, because I ordered my coffee yesterday morning from the app with no problem.

My meals yesterday:

• Starbucks Coffee
  • El pastor taco X 2 - ate half of the tortilla of one, because the place makes them by hand on the spot
  • Barebells bar
  • E: modified strength training (with bands)

Happy hump day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views