What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/22/24 3:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning and welcome to the new week! I decided to go with a PSA instead of a meme today. I need Nutella slices in my life :)

I have today "off". I have off in quotes because even though I am not working my day job, I have a large and complicated cookie order that I need to make today. I am going to get started on it right away and I hope to get a few hours in the yard this afternoon because it's a beautiful day with normal temps and humidity for once!

QOTD: Did you ever learn how to sail? I learned to sail little Sunfish personal sailboats as a kid when I was at camp, then when I first moved to Boston, I took lessons to sail on the Charles River. It's been 30 years and I don't remember a thing, but I think it would be fun to do again!

Accountability: Not bad! We went out for lobster rolls last night and I had about half of the meat (no roll) and about 10 French fries. Other than that, I was on plan all weekend.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • chicken & beans
  • chicken & beans
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 7/22/24 4:00 am, edited 7/21/24 9:01 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning gang. I'm still a fat guy. We went to one of our favorite spots for dinner last night, and I was starvin'. Dying. So I got a double order of fish, no fries. Then proceeded to not even finishing half. My mother would have said "Your eyes are bigger than your stomach." Which may be true now. But not in my brain. Anyway, fish for lunch today!

I need to get 6 days worth of stuff into 3 days. Off I go!

QOTD: I've never learned to sail. After my brother retired from the navy he's talked about getting a sailboat and sailing around the world. So I may still learn.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Teenie
on 7/22/24 6:49 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I had walleye in the freeze I fried for Ron on Friday, and he topped it with hot honey. He said it was amazing but I can't eat fried, so I stayed away. I usually grill it and make fish tacos that is the only way I eat fish.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Dcgirl
on 7/22/24 6:59 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Oh you're funny, Teenie! Grim use a condiment?! I don't think hell has frozen over just yet (though it seems it's about to lol)

Melody P.
on 7/22/24 4:08 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all. Man what a day yesterday was. Wow.

not a lot planned for the day. We have to pic the kids up from GT camp at noon then we'll have em the rest of the day. We'll likely run to the grocery store.

I slept until 12 then tried to take a nap an hour and a half ago. I slept like a rock up until 15mminutes or so ago. Boy I regret it. It made my shoulder, neck and arms hurt so so much. I was literally in tears. I get to be the squeaky wheel this week as usual. Fight fight fight!, it'll be my motto for the week.

QOTD: it's not a thing around here so it's a big no from me.

food is up in the air. Getting groceries will alleviate that.

Mel

Greateight
on 7/22/24 4:32 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I survived the no-road closure race. It was actually fine. We ran through the sidewalks in a downtown area, which was a little crazy with all of the pedestrians. But the rest of the race was sidewalks in relatively uncrowded areas. I never felt unsafe. After the race, I did something that I never would have done pre-surgery: the sun went behind the clouds, the breeze picked up and my sweaty shirt was making me cold. So i just took it off and got changed at the outside bar.

With five weeks until the triathlon, I actually did a full event's worth of work yesterday, although in the wrong order. And with a break for Dad Bod Lager and soft pretzels dipped in cheese sauce. 5K race in the morning, a 15 mile bicycle ride while Marilyn was at tennis (love, love, my new seat), and 750 meters in the pool last night.

Saturday i did end up fly fishing with my older son. He packed us a picnic lunch and we ate it streamside. I caught a couple of largemouth and one smallmouth. I had one good sized largemouth on, but he escaped.

Today, Marilyn is going to come to swimming so that she can help me get my wetsuit on. After class I am doing a 400 meter practice run with one of her tennis friends and then we are going out for dinner.

QOTD: I never did. All three of our children took lessons up in Newburyport, and my older son wants to get back into it once he has a job.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: catered

Dinner: Crepes

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 7/22/24 5:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Being shirtless in public, even for a quick change is a great NSV.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 7/22/24 5:03 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well I got pretty much nothing done yesterday because I was distracted by politics. I spent most of the afternoon and evening watching news shows and podcasts (although I did finish up one of my classes yesterday morning (it ended on Friday). I still have the second class left which technically ends in about two weeks, so I should still have plenty of time to finish that one, too). I'll work on that today, continue reading my book for the book discussion group that meets a week from today, and watch a film for one of my film discussion groups that meets this Wednesday. Hopefully the weather will be OK today so I can go out biking - didn't get any exercise yesterday.

QOTD: nope. The only things I've "sailed" are canoes and kayaks, which don't count.

coffee with half & half

oatmeal topped with yogurt and 1/2 a banana

protein shake

protein muffin

L&F yogurt

dinner TBA again. I really should make something - we've been scrounging around for dinner the last couple of days - maybe some Indian dal (??)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 7/22/24 5:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I could definitely make something with this Nutella slices. Not sure what, but I am confident.

weekend was full of good music, great friends and lots of opportunities to relax my inner control freak and pivot around plan changes. Only some of it tied to the tech issues, lol. My friend who was supposed to arrive at 740 Friday night landed at 3 am.

back on the work travel train this week, I'll take my friend to the airport in a few minutes and then come back and work before I head back to the airport this evening for my flight.

i have gotten 32 active minutes this morning and 10K steps is easy with airports so that will be fine.

qotd - no, I am not sure that's a thing here!

menu today

coffee plus half and half

Some kind of egg breakfast sandwich

I'll probably shoot for a very late lunch/early dinner option. My flight times are weird today.

have a marvelous Monday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 7/22/24 5:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! We had a great weekend. The game on Saturday was great and they won. Yesterday was brunch with Em and the normal weekend errands. Today is payroll distribution day and then back to our regularly scheduled program with hopefully no system related issues for quite some time.

QOTD: Nope, I've never even been sailing

TSS: 9 years 11 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: maybe tacos?

ES: toast

E: 1/2 hour stationary bike and at-home PT

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views