What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 7/21/24 2:50 am - Amarillo, TX

good mornin y'all! Hoping today finds you doing well!

I just ma$e the last of two pies. Yestrday I made a lemon meringue and I just made a chocolate pudding(from scratch) pie. My mom's birthday is Thursday but my brother is coming over today to celebrate it. We're getting her pizza of her choice. I am not a good baker sometimes. Either that or I just hate dealing with meringue.

Yesterday was a rough pain day. Allllll the nerves decided to be irritated. Hoping I'll find out this week what the plan will be. Why they denied the MRI and if I have to do physical therapy first. You'd think they'd want imaging first.

This week holds two appointments and maybe a trip to the lake. I see my PCP Friday and I need to talk about a few things. Started a list. I hate medical stuff. I like my doctor but I still feel screwed over by a majority of my medical people. It's been a frustrating few years. It's been 4 years today since my first back surgery.

QOTD: how do you relax?

I have two methods that really work. Music and chainmailling. Mostly music lately as chainmaille aggravates my arm sometimes. It's still relaxing but just not as much.

I'll probably have a slice of pizza for both lunch and dinner. Maybe a small slice of the chocolate pie. We'll see. Breakfast is eggs and coffee. Lots of it...

miss Mona Lisa loving her toy/pillow.

Mel

Lisa91941
on 7/21/24 7:41 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Another hot day for us today. As I thought, I stayed inside most of yesterday. But I got a lot of things organized and had another meeting last night. Accountability was great in the food and beverage department, but movement, not so much. 1 minute of exercise 3,492 steps. I was kind of ok with that. My body seemed to want the rest day.

Today, I have a Bunco date with my daughter. Very excited about that! And not much else.

Bites:

B: leftover Shakshuka. So good and so on plan

L: not sure, but if I am home, deli turkey meat and cheese

D: a piece of Rog's rib eye, mashed potatoes and fresh tomatoes

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Melody P.
on 7/22/24 1:15 am - Amarillo, TX

Mind sharing your shakshukz recipe?

Mel

Lisa91941
on 7/22/24 6:14 am
RNY on 10/29/19

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014721-shakshuka-with-f eta?unlocked_article_code=1.800.-M5o.nDoaDyUbSq-T&smid=share -url

Here you go. Read the comments for fun add ins. If I am making it for breakfast, I make it pretty close to this. If I am making it for dinner, I add a can of garbanzo beans just before the tomatoes. I find the stove top cover and cook to be as effective as the oven bake when it comes to the final step of putting in the eggs.

Enjoy!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?