What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Greateight
on 7/5/24 5:07 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

My son made Spaghetti and meatballs for the family on Wednesday, which was great. But he thought that two boxes would be the right amount of pasta to use. So we have an enormous bowl of spaghetti, which we are working off. Interestingly, he bought a relatively modest amount of meatballs and asked Marilyn whether he should make all of them. They are long gone.

It was a little cloudy yesterday, but we still had a great day at a friend's pool. I ate too many sweets. Donuts and S'mores bars and some sort of fruit tart with cream.

Today is all about planning for the triathlon. I need to read the rules, which are fairly extensive, make our hotel reservations, order at least a new bicycle helmet and a triathlon suit, check the progress of my wetsuit return and make sure that I go to Crossfit, run a bit and swim.

QOTD: About a year ago, I was having difficulties with Ozempic, but it seems better now.

Pictures are from Idaho. Apologies for my serious face. I wish I could say I was in deep contemplation of fish strategy, but i think that i just had to pee.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 7/5/24 5:49 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hey having to pee is serious!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 7/5/24 6:03 am - Warren, OH

Once I was making a dish with elbow macaroni. I put everything together and told my husband to boil a cup of the macaroni when it was time to eat. He thought I was being stingy with just one cup so decided to boil the entire box. He had an enormous mess when all of that came to a boil in a small pot. I can only eat a few forkfuls of spaghetti, so two boxes would be so overwhelming.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Ymaliz
on 7/5/24 7:09 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Beautiful pic's!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Teenie
on 7/5/24 7:23 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Is that a moose or and Elk swimming? The pictures are amazing.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 7/5/24 8:09 am
RNY on 08/29/18

That's a moose swimming. It's hard to tell, but the horses are on a farm.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 7/5/24 5:12 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm going to see President Biden today! He's having a rally here in Madison. I did see him once before - a few years ago when he was making the rounds to talk about a book he'd recently (or at least recently at the time) published. Looking forward to this. Although it's going to be a long afternoon - they evidently have a lot of other speakers lined up (the governor for sure - and I'm guessing the mayor and a few other politicians as well). Other than that, not much going on today.

QOTD: no. The only drug I'm on now is the generic version of Forteo (for osteoporosis) - never had an issue with getting it . There was a time a few years back when there was a shortage of bags of fluids, though (we always seem to have a cat who needs subcutaneous fluids for whatever reason - usually kidney disease). If you could get them, you paid through the nose for them (like $20 a bag). Normally, I get them through a locally-owned pharmacy for about $60 for a box of twelve (they can't order them individually, but that's fine. My vet clinic still charges around $20 for one bag, so if I only use three of them from the box, I still come out ahead. And they're fine for a couple of years as long as they're unopened).

food is going to be weird today because I'll be at the Biden even from about 11:00-3:00. No bags allowed, but you can take in small purses, like a clutch. I think I can stick a protein bar or a couple of individual-sized packs of nuts in mine...

coffee with half & half

skyr with fruit

I'd better have a substantial morning snack - not sure what yet, though

protein bar or nuts

maybe Mexican-style salad for dinner

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 7/5/24 5:21 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I'm working too. We did manage to get a partial staff day so a lot of people are off and our hourly people are getting 2.5x time, so at least it's something! It will be pretty mellow though and not working very hard. I wish there was a big blockbuster movie out to see, I would go to that after work. I have to take my car in for service tomorrow early and the dinner and a concert tomorrow night. I was hoping to do aerial yoga at my trainers new gym but I think that might need to wait a week or so. Might try to get to the museum this weekend or next to see the temporary exhibits on Orcas and poisons (two separate exhibits, although I'm fine if in addition to sinking the yachts by playing with their rudders, the orcas took on poisonings, lol)

qotd - I am not on any prescription meds, thank you RNY. That was one of my desired outcomes and I was fortunate to get it. I did have to fill a RX for muscle relaxers on Wednesday....our new insurance year started July 1 and I don't have my card yet. It was getting frustrating and I asked how much it would be to just pay for it. She said one ninety six and I said two hundred dollars? She said no, a dollar and ninety six cents. I paid cash.

Menu today Usual coffee, salami and cheese slider, cheese and crackers, wine and I have some Korean bbq ruffles I found for yesterday and didn't open. I will maybe grill some sausage too.

pics are my lilies, I forgot they were orand so I was very excited and some randomly posed flowers on yesterdays walk.

have a great day and weekend

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Icecream Dreamer
on 7/5/24 7:21 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

With medicine prices I would have thought $196 instead of $1.96 too.
I noticed the full blood work that my bariatrician requests every year is almost $1200!!!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 143.4

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 7/5/24 8:18 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That is crazy

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active