What's on your Thursday Menu?

Lisa91941
on 6/27/24 8:05 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning and hello to a new day. Plane ride is 48 hours away and my progress isn't encouraging. I did find some relief yesterday evening after spending the day doing sciatica stretches off and on. But then may have over done even that at the end of the day. Back at it today. Stretch, ice, heat, stand, repeat.

Foods were awesome yesterday and all water, all day. I'm digging deep in the fridge, freezer and pantry to use ingredients up before we leave. Right now I have bulbs of garlic and fresh beets roasting in the oven. They need to be prepped and into the freezer before we go if I can't finish them. I ended up making TJ turkey tenderloins tossed in a peanut butter and soy/gochujang sauce. A few roasted peanuts for crunch and 1/4 cup of coconut rice. Perfect. I am excited about my leftovers for lunch today or tomorrow!

Exercise accountability remains the same as all week. My least steps yet. 1 minute of recorded exercise and 2,539 steps. At one point yesterday evening I was sure I was going to be able to take a walk today. Don't think that is happening, but at least I was able to stay asleep for about 4 straight hours without needing to get up and stretch and walk.

QoTD: I have been all in or all out over the nearly 5 years. Currently I am all in, but only paying attention to macros. But brutal honesty is required and I'm trying hard to not be thickheaded when the numbers tell me I am doing it wrong. I know what's right, and doing it wrong isn't a good feeling. I'm a work in progress over here.

Bites today

B: 1/2 fairlife protein milkshake. 1 egg, 1 slice of bacon

L: we may need to grab something out today as Roger has an implant adjustment they are doing at noon. If so, the insides of a burger sound good

D: TJ's sundried tomato chicken and quinoa

S: greek yogurt

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Sheila_H
on 6/27/24 8:40 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Remind me again, where are you going? I know it's a cruise but can't remember where.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Lisa91941
on 6/27/24 9:25 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Going up to Denali National Park for 3 days and then onto an Alaska cruise. Fourth of July will be spent on Hubbard Glacier Bay and National Park. It's been so warm here I am so excited to pack sweaters!

Sheila_H
on 6/27/24 9:48 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Fun fun fun!

Sheila_H
on 6/27/24 8:37 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

I stumbled upon Karen Read because a friend in MA mentioned it. It hasn't been major news here. On one hand she is guilty, on the other hand how did all those people leave the house after the party and nobody saw him? I don't have a bone in this game, I'm just curious.

Is anybody here following European football cup? Football as in what the rest of the world calls football, not the American version. I become interested in football only during the European cup and obv the World Cup. We, as in Italy, managed to squeak out of the group phase by losing a match due to a self goal, finishing in a tie with a team that is not at our level, and winning one match. Now we are at elimination(or round of 16) phase and if we lose we are out. Italy goes through cycles, sometimes we go in roaring and nothing can stop us and sometimes we go in so ****y that we lose to the worst team. I still haven't figured out if this year we are just being shy and act like an underdog or we truly suck! Sometime we wake up during elimination phase and show why we were European champions last time around, but got so ****y that didn't qualify for the World Cup. Send good jujus for Sat match against Switzerland.

QOTD - I still do it sporadically to make sure I'm on track. My food is so repetitive that I've gotten lazy keeping track on MFP, but to keep myself in check I put the food in once or twice a week to make sure I'm not going off the rails.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Hb eggs + legendary chips
  • Edamame pouch, Fage yogurt
  • Protein icecream - strawberries
  • E: strength training

Happy almost Fri-yay!

Julia S.
on 6/27/24 9:22 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I used Fitbit to track my food, but haven't done it for awhile. I generally eat the same thing pretty much every day. This week it was shrimp for lunch and shrimp for dinner. I love the ****tail shrimp from Costco, they taste better than any other shrimp IMO.

My friend put my job in perspective she said you are playing the worst computer game ever. That kind of describes my life. It took my 7 tries to place one cable yesterday, and of course you have to fill out a ton of information. This program does not auto populate anything. So type, type type... I now use 4 programs to do what 1 used to do, actually 5 if I want it to look decent. It should not be this difficult. I'm done whining.

Cooler and overcast today, so I need to get out there.

Where did this week go? I can't believe it's Thursday already.

I have to finish moving my Mom's accounts to the where our financial advisor moved to. So I need to get her social security # the one thing I didn't have.

I got a Marine Corps flag and have it on the front of my house. It was a painful time for me but I'm trying to reclaim it and make something positive out of it. I hate that the MAGA people have hijacked my flag, so that is why the USMC flag.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
Recent Topics