What's on your Thursday Menu?

Teenie
on 6/27/24 7:25 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Kitty Drama!!! Don't they know you got enough going on at work?

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 6/27/24 6:13 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Right?!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 6/27/24 7:10 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good morning Queen JB and Meneurs,

Wow did anyone try to stop back yesterday and get a post from 2021 or something crazy? OH is killing me!!! I couldn't even respond to anyone yesterday and I wanted to tell Shelia on what earth are you living that you throw away a chocolate Salami!!!!! You know you have my address, right? Also, Covid was never spread in food prep. That is why they still aloud take out in the restaurants. I am so sad about that Salami going in the trash. I hope it give you nightmares of it going in there. That poor salami!! There are starving kids in Canonsburg you know.

Wow Lisa sorry to hear about the back. Nerve pain is not joke. Are you seeking medical attention. I hope it clears up quickly. I know it is bad when you're not moving because you are like an energizer bunny.

Jen, I answered you this morning, but a John Daley is an Arnold Palmer with Vodka. A play on John's alcohol issues. And now my favorite summer drink. Sometimes an Old Fashion doesn't hit it when it is 90°.

JB, I fell into a Schogetten Chocolate crunchy peanut butter bar myself yesterday. That damn Aldi. I need to limit myself to 1 trip a week. I spend way too much time and money there. I didn't even need food, but it was Wednesday, and I wanted to see what they had in the specials isle. I hate missing out on the good stuff. Last week they had cooling pads for your dog, and I missed out.

QOTD: I never was very good at tracking I bet if I look back my longest streak was 3 months.

Accountability: just the chocolate.

TSS: 6 years 6-months 16-days 165.4 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: Premier protein Salted caramel popcorn and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: crack chicken and snack select

D: salad with rotisserie chicken

Exercise: dog walking, 3.1 mile wog. Done

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 6/27/24 7:41 am - Warren, OH

Glad the work crisis is going to be OK. Cats are territorial and your cat is just making sure she defends her home. But they are also so funny.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 6/27/24 6:15 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Thank you, and I do love how they end up playing with each other eventually.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 6/27/24 8:46 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Teenie, you sure make me laugh!
I knew it and we googled it to make sure Covid is not spread by food or even on surfaces. But again, was worried about the husband and his heart problems. The salami stayed in the fridge and I was hoping DH would nibble on it, but the combo of chocolate and coffee is not very attractive to him (I know, he is weird). So after 4-5 days went into the trash. On one hand I was happy I was sick enough that I didn't eat it, on the other hand I did think about all the starving kids in one corner of the world and wanted to eat the whole thing to make up for it. But choices were made and prices were paid. Now we just need to move on.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 6/27/24 9:23 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

God forgives everybody! No matter how big of a sin.

Sheila_H
on 6/27/24 9:57 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Thank you for the absolution.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Mkess
on 6/27/24 7:34 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Thursday,

I feel like I am approaching the top of the initial ascent of a roller coaster. My landlord has started to try to push me around. I'm glad I already have my seatbelt on.

QOTD- I am not tracking my food anymore. I have made a few half hearted attempts to start again.

B: Bagel, lox, yogurt.

L: Turkey sausage

D: chicken Marsala

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

White Dove
on 6/27/24 7:36 am - Warren, OH

When computers were new to most people, around 1993 or so I volunteered to show teachers at one of our schools how to use a computer. One of the useful things I showed them was a food-tracking program. It was before MyFitnessPal or even before apps, but was on a floppy disk. I walked through all steps from how to turn it on, how to insert a disk, how to load a program and how to use a program.

I also showed them Word processing and spreadsheet software. Very primitive versions, but new to everyday people who were being told that computers would be part of their workplace. It was all new and intimidating to most people and they appreciated the help and learned quickly.

I have used many food apps but MyFitnessPal is still my first choice. I sometimes start tracking, but don't stay with it. But with any new food, I do look it up to see the amount of protein, calcium, sugar, and other information about the food.

QJB, when I would find myself in a position where I was learning new things, I always made it a point to document as if I was passing the work on to someone else. I created a manual for each of my positions with the information and steps that I wished someone had left for me. It made it easier for managers to promote me when they realized that I had documented all aspects of the job and was prepared to pass the knowledge on to the next person and mentor them.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics