What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/21/24 2:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! We made it to Friday! I slept like crap, but it's Friday, so whatever. I can do it! I am going to take my weekly shot of Wegovy this morning and I am a little nervous because last week I was puking in my office within a few hours.

I have Monday off! That means I need to get going on my work right away, because losing Wednesday to Juneteenth, losing yesterday to the all-day retreat, and Monday to my 4 day flex........I've got lots of things to do!

QOTD: What's your favorite Beatles song? It's a statistical tie for me between Yesterday, Here Comes the Sun, and Blackbird. I stumbled upon a version of Blackbird by Evan Rachel Wood which is absolutely stunning. If you love that song, it's worth looking up, IMO.

Accountability: I was late for work and my egg bites were still in the air fryer when I needed to leave the house, so no breakfast. And I was schmoozing during lunch and missed my window for eating, so I never ate during the day. I had my planned mango chicken for dinner, then decided I "deserved" cheez-its. Of course I ate them too fast, and ended up groaning and moaning like I did the night before with the ice cream. My simple goal today will be not to have any RH today (insert eye-roll).

• Protein coffee
  • ?????????? probably just a Fairlife shake or 2? If I am starving (doubtful) I will just have plain chicken with mango salsa.
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 6/21/24 3:09 am - Warren, OH

I hope you are getting used to the medicine and have no side effects this week. RH gets worse for me as time goes on. I have had it from a piece of toast. But with me It i**** or miss.

I loved all of the Beatles songs. Imagine it's my favorite.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 6/21/24 4:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

cat scare yesterday - I thought my eldest (19 years old!) might be a goner. He's had pancreatitis a couple of times, though - so I thought it could also be that (they usually bounce back from that if treated, even though in the midst of it it looks like they're going to keel over any minute). I talked to my vet on the phone and she said it sounded like it could be either, but to prep myself in case it was a "quality of life" issue (nice way of putting it...). Took him in. Pancreatitis. Whew! It takes about a week for them to get over that, but you'll usually notice an improvement after a couple of days. They gave him fluids and injectable pain meds and Cerenia (an anti-nausea medication). Sent me home with more pain meds and Cerenia to cover the next three days. Unlike his last bout, he seemed a lot better last night - got up on my bed and slept there (as opposed to hiding in the linen closet, like he did yesterday) and was very snuggly. Meowed like crazy at 5:00 to be let out of the room - and even ate a little! So I think he's on the mend already! Whew!

today is the day we get our new garage door. I'm really going to miss the old one, but we'll see - I may really like the new one, too (the old one is a 70-year-old, 400 lb redwood door that's painted the same color as the trim on our house - it looks great - but it's getting harder and harder to get parts for it, so our garage door repair guy said it was time to replace it. Boo!!! Although most of the houses on our block have newer garage doors, so..I guess it was time!)

QOTD: I like so many that it's hard to pick just one. "Hey Jude" and "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" are up there, though.

I'm finally going to make that fettuccine alfredo dish with spinach and chili crisp that appeared in the New York Times a couple of years ago and keeps popping up on my Facebook newsfeed (the one you sent me the recipe for, Lisa). It's super fattening so I've held off on it forever, but I finally decided I'm just going to make it. So I need to be really careful the rest of the day..

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with blueberries

salad with diced chicken and diced 1/2 peach and low-calorie dressing

baby carrots and hummus

the fettuccine alfredo dish

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Grim_Traveller
on 6/21/24 5:21 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm glad your kitty is ok.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 6/21/24 5:39 am
RNY on 08/11/14

So glad your kitty is doing better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 6/21/24 7:37 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Glad the cat came home with you last night.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Melody P.
on 6/21/24 4:18 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all!

We're going to the lake with the kids. Hopefully the water will not make me hurt worse this time s it's warmer. We got a good pool noodle that is for adult sized folks so I hope to float easier too. I'm going to take some stuff to do as I know well enough I won't be able to "play" in the water much. Especially considering my lack of sleep. The kids have a lot of fun so it's a good thing. I'm going to take my point and shoot camera too this time. Hopefully the turkey vultures will visit again!

QOTD: yesterday, Eleanor Rigby and I do like blackbird a lot too.

B: eggs, cheese and taqueria sauce and coffee x2

L: I'm. Pt sure on this one. The kids are having hot dogs and I might too but we'll see.

D: chicken and a yogurt

a starling and a bracelet I finished up yesterday

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 6/21/24 5:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Your bird photo is much better than mine

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 6/21/24 5:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Friday! Just a few more hours until the weekend!

yesterday was good, hit 66 active minutes; today is so busy I was going to give myself a rest day but I woke up early and had enough time so I already have 62 active minutes which is over todays goal! Yay for setting up the weekend!

busy at work then meeting my step sister for a catch up, tomorrow a pedi in the morning, meeting friends for ****tails, then dinner and a play and Sunday morning, on the road again. So I have to pack too.

menu today

coffee plus half and half x3

chicken and tatziki/veggies

keilbasa

wine and cheese

two pictures from my walk this morning

I have a chameleon Lilly! They are the same one, but the deep red was Monday and the mauve was yesterday.

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 6/21/24 5:24 am, edited 6/20/24 10:24 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Whoops forgot the QOTD, I'm not the biggest fan but can sing along with almost all of them. I?d probably pick ?come together? as my favorite, it?s so out of character for them!

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 462 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 313 views
What?s on tap for your Sunday?