What's on your Thursday Menu?

catwoman7
on 6/20/24 7:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I was a regular swimmer from my teens up until about age 30, and I NEVER liked sharing lanes. Then everybody has to swim at the same pace, which drove me insane. The only reason I went through lifeguard training (in my mid-20s) was so I could get a job at a pool (preferably at an indoor, competition-length pool, which I did) and swim my laps before or after the pool was open so it was just me and one or two other staff members. Then I always had a lane to myself!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 6/20/24 7:44 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I have had the same experience with turtles as Lisa in the Good Zoo in Wheeling WV. I think that is why their slogan is Wild and Wonderful.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 6/20/24 8:48 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I feel that on sharing a lane and don't get me started on circle swimming - hell no. Ultimately, this was the issue that freaked me out in my previous attempts at our community pool - all the cars in the parking lot, all the people gathering at that lanes. Panic set in. Anyway, it brought me back to my old gym where I can reserve a lane all to myself w/out anxiety and my sanity intact!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 GW 175 (6/14/24) CW 173 REVISED GOAL 165

Julia S.
on 6/20/24 7:14 am, edited 6/20/24 12:16 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- It's been many years, and I really don't like zoos. I feel too much for the animals to be in captivity.

I don't know how many steps because my Fitbit battery keeps dying. I'm to the point where I probably have to charge it every night. I'm not wanting to replace it, I don't wear a watch so I only want one that clips on me. I increased my distance to a little over 1.7 miles and my pace was about a minute a mile faster. Right when I got home I went to the grocery store so more steps but no idea how many. I feel like I have more energy which is a good thing. I used to work out 6 days a week, and at least one was with a personal trainer. I didn't realize how fit I was at that time, I'd like to get back there.

I need to dig a hole for the post for my retractable clothes line. I am thinking of renting an auger since the ground is so hard. I want to be able to dry more than one load at a time, my folding clothes line is Mrs Peggs Handy Line is great but small.

It will be another beautiful day it's supposed to be high of 88 low of 57, so it cools down at night. The house stayed cool I have multiple sensors and I try to keep my bedroom the coolest, I can pick rooms to set priorities. But as is typical with a two story house the upstairs is usually warmer.

QJB Sorry I had the same experience the last time I went to the beach, too many people and insane traffic plus I never actually got to walk on the beach.

Happy Solstice! Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Teenie
on 6/20/24 7:51 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Welcome to team "Getting Back There" We can do it!!!!! I am getting my inspiration from Amy.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Teenie
on 6/20/24 7:15 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Meneurs,

Close a beach? Who does that. So sorry that happened. Don't we all regret something we put in our mouths a few times a year. For me it is never really ice-cream I never was a huge ice-cream eater, but it is fried food for me. Usually in the form of a funnel cake or mozzarella stick.

Well, the pedicure did the trick and toe has minimal pain and I am betting it will be completely healed quickly. Also, my thighs stopped screaming. So I am at the point that I just got to work on my time, and I will be considered a runner again. It was like 75° and probably 99% humidity on my run this morning. I took my shirt of on the porch and wrung it out so I wouldn't drip on the carpet. Bugs are bad too. Tomorrow I may wear bug spray. Our neighborhood id infested with Lantern Flies, and they are gross. There may be a point when going outside is so annoying you won't want too. Do any of you have these lantern flies in your area?

QOTD: February 2016. Ron and I went for our 10th anniversary. They have the march of the Penguins where they let them out of there exhibit and let them stroll down a concrete path like a parade. It is supper cute.

Accountability: No exercise and one NOCA Alcoholic beverage

TSS: 6 years 6-months 9-days 165.4 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: premier protein Salted Caramel popcorn and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: Eggwich and snack select

D: RGF chicken Cordon Blue cucumbers dipped in dressing

Exercise: dog walking, 3.1-mile wog still over 13 minutes

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

catwoman7
on 6/20/24 7:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I had to look up lantern flies. I've never heard of them. I read they're an invasive species from China and Vietnam and are spreading. They first appeared in the US in 2016. They're in the northeastern US now (which is why I've ever seen them), but are spreading south and west. Great. More bugs!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 6/20/24 7:26 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Heading into a beautiful day and I'm here to embrace it. Yesterday went a little astray, not enough steps and the smoking of the brisket too****il 11 pm last night, so clearly I had to do an audible on our dinner, but overall, a real nice day. It was a real pretty day on Coronado for lunch and I got lots of little chores done. I took a total rest day on exercise and got in only 6011 steps. But I nailed it on food and water only, all day.

Today includes a power walk, a mini arms/shoulders weight routine, doing a few more touches on the bathrooms at my buddie's house, and finally, hopefully, the smoked brisket for dinner. On the plus side, all the components are done. I just need to toss the fresh salad and warm up the baked sweet potato and meat. Almost like going out to eat with the effort level required to get dinner on the table tonight.

QoTD: We usually go 1-2 times a year with the grands. But this made me think I should buy my annual pass again and go early hours to walk the zoo once a week or something. Lots of big hills and canyons at our zoo so a power walk around tha****ching and listening (hello Tortoises) could be a great addition to my routine. Plus, free parking. And the membership is considered tax deductible. And we have the grands for 10 days in August and they are going to zoo camp for 5 of the days so I'll be there anyway. This plan is genius!

bites today

B: jerky, and in a couple hours an egg and bacon

L: deli turkey meat, pecorino and maybe pop chips if there is room

D: smoked brisket, fresh corn and cabbage salad, small part of the sweet potato with a pat of butter.

And a greek yogurt thrown in there for good measure.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Sheila_H
on 6/20/24 8:31 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

So very sorry about the beach day not going your way. I wonder, if the parking lot is full how is the actual beach? Is it shoulder to shoulder with people? Maybe I'm spoiled here but I wouldn't like a crowded beach.

I can finally share the news because DD made it official online. She has been accepted at the masters program at University of Chicago. She was in Chicago the last couple of days scoping the place and meeting with people (including profs) to figure out her living arrangements. Not being an undergrad she can't live in the dorms. She seems to really like the city and said in comparison to DC seems like a safe place. She has plans for the summer in Philly, so I offered to go to DC and rent a U-Haul so we can drive together to Philly and store her stuff there until Sept when school starts in Chicago. It was just an excuse for me to spend time with her. Very exciting news and she is so proud to be part of the MAPH (Master of Arts Program in Humanities) at UChicago. Needless to say we already bought all the merch and my car has a new decal above GW one.

QOTD - ooh, can't remember. Either the San Francisco one or the San Diego one.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Egg bites
  • Protein mousse, dill pickle peanuts
  • Cauliflower rice + ground turkey
  • E: sick day

Happy almost Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Greateight
on 6/20/24 8:36 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Congrats to DD and the entire family! Hopefully, you all will be able to join us for dinner when you are out.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 485 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 562 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 499 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 185 views
Best Brand of Vitamin ...