What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/20/24 2:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! It's a Thursday that feels like a Monday, but a Monday with only 2 days in the week, so I hold to my original thought that Wednesdays off are a good pick for a 4 day week.

Sadly, my beach day was a total bust. The beach I went to is about 50 minutes away, but the last 2 miles took me an additional hour. Turns out it was because they were turning people away at the gate because it was already full by 9am. So it took me two hours to get nowhere. I just turned around and came right back home. I spent a little time in the yard, but without the ocean breezes, 98 degrees with full humidity is not really a treat. I ended up just puttering around the house until the ball game. Thankfully it cooled off enough to enjoy the evening outside :)

I'm heading in on the early train and I have an all day leadership retreat that I am not at all prepared for. I need to do the reading on the train!

QOTD: When is the last time you went to the zoo? I think the last time we toured one was in DC in 2017. That's such a good zoo, so modern and so many animals. Boston's Franklin Park Zoo is just sad. The buildings were built at the turn of the century and you can tell it was once magnificent, but nothing has been updated and it just looks like a sad post-apocalyptic scene with a few random animals wandering around. If I ever come into billions of dollars, I would love to bring it back to it's once epic glory.

Accountability: After the game we went out for ice cream. I happily ate 1/2 a small bowl of non-dairy ice cream, and then promptly DIED. Yes, this is my ghost writing this. I was so miserable. "Never again," (I say twice a year). But on the plus side, I am drinking like a champion. Wegovy really dehydrates me to the point that it cannot be ignored. I have been drinking about 60oz of water a day with Liquid IV electrolytes.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • lunch is tbd at the retreat
  • chicken and mango salsa
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 6/20/24 3:06 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Definitely on holidays, we run into the same thing at the ski resorts in the winter and the parks in the better weather, you pretty much have to be there at dawn. Sorry it was a bust.

I thought it would be a lower key meeting day today but I posted a replacement position yesterday and have a lot of "informational" 1:1s today now. At least I will enjoy those.

QOTD - I think early 2000s, at least 20 years. I was a volunteer at one of our exhibits at the DMNS and part of the training was to visit the zoo and learn how much they have to do to keep the primates mentally healthy when they are in cages. Good zoos do good work with animals but it left me with very complicated feelings towards animals in cages so I don't go to zoos.

I went for a nice bike ride on our bonus cool day yesterday; biking is weird because you cover so much more ground for less active minutes. Hills are harder on the bike than walking though and lots of hills on my walking path. Only 2967 steps though. I have officially gotten on my bike this year so I can keep it, lol.

today is just a walk before work and then a massage after work. My lower back is still a bit twingey so I think the massage will be final step to get it back to normal.

menu today

coffee plus half and halfX3

salami and cheese slider

chicken breast, tzatziki and veggies

tbd on dinner

have a terrific Thursday! The weekend is just over the horizon.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 6/20/24 5:31 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope the massage helps and that your back feels better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 6/20/24 7:18 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Hope your back is feeling better soon.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 6/20/24 3:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

our 19-year-old cat woke me up again this morning at 3:30, and I couldn't get back to sleep (sometimes I can, sometimes I can't). Hopefully I won't nap today and screw up my sleeping schedule again tonight. I wish they made CBD gummies for cats.

I'll probably go a water fitness class today because it's supposed to rain all day. The next couple of days will be hot & humid & rainy (cooler today - but then - rain). So tired of this. I just want to get out and bike!!

QOTD: we have a small, free zoo here in town. I went with DH and my MIL maybe three years ago. I don't like seeing animals in cages, either, so I almost never go to zoos (although the modern ones with larger, open, outdoor spaces for them are certainly much better...). Still, they had a lion there who kept pacing back and forth in her yard. I think that indicates stress. It really bothered me.

coffee with half & half

skyr or Greek yogurt

protein shake

hummus and baby carrots

salad with diced chicken, diced half peach, and low-calorie dressing

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 6/20/24 7:21 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Cat - Calming and Energy - Nature's Farmacy (naturesfarmacy.com) This will take care of your problem. This is my dear friend's business. She is the one I visit in CR.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 6/20/24 3:31 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

not much happening today. A quick run to the grocery store and that's it. We're going to the lake again tomorrow with the kids. The temp of the water has gone up so hopefully it'll be ok for me. I'll take something with me to do just in case.

it has not been a good night for me. Pain and itchiness is driving me more crazy lol. About 3 hours of choppy sleep so I'm hoping for naps!

QOTD: it's been about 10 years. I am not a fan of them, it just makes me sad I guess

B: eggs, cheese, sour cream and coffee x2

L: probably a burrito that I put up in the freezer last week

D: avocado toast

S: PP pancakes, homemade snow cone, and maybe some fruit

Mel

Teenie
on 6/20/24 7:34 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Do you ever take Epson salt soaks? My husband soaks in either Calgon lavender of the lavender Epson salts the Walmart brand in ho****er, and it sometimes helps with restlessness and itching. He even gets out of bed in the middle of the night if it gets too bad for him. Not too expensive it would be worth a try.

Melody P.
on 6/20/24 9:24 am - Amarillo, TX

I need to get one of those portable bath tubs as we only have two showers. I think I could set it up in the shower(it used to be a bathtub but my grandma took it out in a remodel and put in a walk in shower).

Thanks for the tip!

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 6/20/24 5:29 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I did not know portable bathtubs were a thing! But I googled it and suddenly I understand how so many people were doing those cold plunges this winter. They probably put one of those outside and just climbed in!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 462 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 313 views
What?s on tap for your Sunday?