Esophagitis induced by anastomosis stenosis.

momyshaver
on 6/18/24 3:06 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Has anyone else dealt with esophagitis induced by anastomosis stenosis? I was having nausea and vomiting that I was going to the Dr. for and it went on for MONTHS. Long story short, I ended up in the hospital and serial dilations before I could get off NPO but am mainly on jtube feeding due to physical restriction/inabilty to consume the protein and hydration needed. The GI said that I will likely need dilation at least every 6 months and possibly another surgery to create another anastomosis. Has anyone dealt with this? The esophagitis was grade C but I am hoping that it heals now that the stenosis was stretched twice. My body seems really prone to scar tissue and I do not want another surgery and the thought of chronic dilation is daunting. I feel like things were going well and then 10 steps back. Am I a bariatric patient or a GI patient now???

Partlypollyanna
on 6/18/24 4:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

no personal experience but I had a colleague who worked for me; his wife had some horrific medical side effects from a prior situation and she was on one of those heart/lung machines for a few months before having a transplant.

One of the effects of that had her needing the dilation on her esophagus for a while. I think she had it every few months for a couple of years, then the frequency reduced and then she didn't need it anymore. Not sure if it's the same but just wanted to share that she didn't need it every few months for life so hopefully you won't either.

momyshaver
on 6/18/24 4:40 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Thank you for sharing that. That is encouraging to hear.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views