What's on your Tuesday Menu?

catwoman7
on 6/4/24 6:41 am
RNY on 06/03/15

UGH. Back when I used to get cortisone shots, they'd always give me a shot of lidocaine first - although once the needle got so far in, it could still be painful. Anyway, I can relate...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Mkess
on 6/4/24 11:17 am
VSG on 08/09/21

They used biofreeze yesterday. It numbs a little under the skin for me but not much.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Greateight
on 6/4/24 6:26 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

We have water this morning! The plumber came around 2:00 yesterday. He fixed the ice maker, replaced the pipe leading to it and put in better shutoff valves. Its never fun to get an unplanned expense, but I thought his fees were very reasonable.

When Marilyn said that her and my son were going to Home Depot to return the truck yesterday I said that I needed to come along for a bathroom break.

Our son made us steak last night, leftovers tonight.

Today might be a rough day at work, I have to deliver unwanted news to a couple of clients. Hopefully, I can get home and swim a bit afterwards.

QOTD: Just my sugar free puddings with whipped cream.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: chicken

Dinner: steak

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Julia S.
on 6/4/24 6:44 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I gave up on healthier versions, I will just have what I'm craving and move on. If I don't, I obsess about it and it isn't healthy.

Not much going on really windy here and rain expected. Work is still harder than it should be due to the new program. I dread the idea of starting work. Money is really tight since my roommate has not been contributing any rent. I can't keep doing this, it is paycheck to paycheck and even that is not enough. I have pretty much used up my tax refund that I was wanting to use on the house, instead I keep using it to make up for the shortfall. But at least I have it. Things would have been much worse if I didn't.

I keep checking on my Social Security. I applied on 5/1 and they say it takes 2-4 weeks to review. I'm not worried just want to know it is coming. It should help with my cash flow problems.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

catwoman7
on 6/4/24 6:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I hope the Social Security will come through for you soon. I lived paycheck to paycheck for a few years when I was a young adult, and had a lot of debt to boot (car, student loans, credit cards). That is really stressful way to live. Fingers crossed your SS will come through soon - that should help quite a bit.

White Dove
on 6/4/24 7:08 am - Warren, OH

The social security will come and it will come on time every month. It is sort of like getting an allowance from Uncle Sam.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sheila_H
on 6/4/24 7:57 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17
catwoman7
on 6/4/24 6:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm on a roll with eating, thankfully. Good thing because I brought up (via MyChart messaging) to my PCP that I want to explore hip replacement surgery again. My hip hasn't gotten super painful yet (I'd say mild to moderate, depending on the weather and what I've been doing), but on the other hand, I'm now in my mid-60s and I think I'd benefit more from it now than if I wait until I'm 75 or 80. But we'll see what she says. I know hip replacement can limit your range of motion, but I have little range of motion with that one leg NOW, so... Anyway, the reason I mentioned this is that there's a chance I'll get plopped on the scale before meeting with her. I don't want to be shocked - or her to be disapproving.

it rained like crazy yesterday afternoon and evening, and it will again later today. I was hoping to bike this morning because it's currently NOT raining and not too hot, but the humidity is 88%. UGH. It's probably really soupy out there. I'll go to Aqua Zumba instead.

QOTD: my usual is to stir some unsweetened cocoa powder into a thing of super low-calorie vanilla or coconut Greek yogurt (like L&F or Chobani Zero Sugar) and top it with a dollop of light or SF Cool Whip and a few berries. I also like the versions where you microwave a tablespoon of chocolate chips and top some doctored-up low-cal yogurt with them and then stick it in the freezer for a half hour or so until the chocolate solidifies (I actually like these versions even better), but those are more work and take more time, so I usually do the former.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit

salad with grilled chicken strips

Greek yogurt or a protein shake

dinner TBA

have a great day, everyone!

Lisa91941
on 6/4/24 7:26 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. Some lady had the nerve to walk her dog past my house at 6:18 am and brown dog went crazy and woke me up from the best dreams. So, time to greet the day.

I got all the outside the house chores done yesterday. Yay me. 3 new pairs of workout shoes (because they were on clearance), a couple new outfits, vitamins restocked, returns done, walk accomplished. Ended my day with 43 active minutes and 12,514 steps. I also tried on every pair of pants I own and made some tough decisions. Now I only own ELEVEN pairs of jeans and 6 pairs of black slacks. And why are pants pairs? Single garment with two spots for extremities. Shirts aren't pairs. Anyway, closet looks nicer this morning and the Goodwill bag is growing.

Today I should go to the gym and do the back to back workout class. I'm very unexcited about this right now, but I'm dressed to go and hoping to rally. I need to finish my daughter's birthday card, but really, that's everything on the whole agenda.

QoTD: No favorite versions of the good stuff. I eat greek yogurt with zero cal chocolate jello pudding powder in it most days and if there is a great dessert offered or ordered when we are out, I might have 1-2 bites. But my heart starts racing right away so it takes the joy out of more than one bite.

Bites today!

B: egg/spinach/tri tip frittata

L: leftover cod as a fish taco on zero carb tortilla

D: I have lots of options! Right now I am leaning towards pork loin

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Sheila_H
on 6/4/24 7:51 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Going to the podiatrist today for the foot that doesn't hurt anymore. I am so embarrassed, but I have done the x-ray, I have done the CTscan, might as well do the last step too. I really think since I started lacing my running shoes in a different way the pain went away.

We are getting excited and getting organized for our hike trip to Havasupai in AZ on Thu. The temps are not as high as we thought they would be so that's good. We had expected around 115 during the day while now it's predicted in mid 90s. So much better. We did a dry run with our backpacks (and having to carry at least a gallon of water) and I will be carrying about 20lbs while DH will carry about 40 lbs.

QOTD: I'm up for anything. It's been my mission in life since WLS to do low carb desserts. I try everything they put out there, some are worth it, some not so much.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Hb eggs, tuna, quest chips
  • Protein iced coffee, jello
  • TJ kebab w/fage yogurt
  • E: strength training

Happy taco Tue!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?