What's in your Menu today (Monday) RNYers?

NYMom222
on 1/15/18 6:08 am
RNY on 07/23/14

QOTD: Blue because it has so many possibilities. I could draw the ocean, the sky ....

B: usual latte, eggbeater, bacon, lite mozz omelet

L: salad w/shrimp

pre-workout: Bulgar Wheat w/PB

D: India chicken soup

S: Greek yogurt, protein drink and/or bar

ex: PT and gym

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

FindingCharlie
on 1/15/18 6:16 am - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

What is bulgar wheat? I have never heard of it.

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!

Librarian67
on 1/15/18 8:09 am
RNY on 02/28/17

How is PT going? I hope that you are getting better strength and ROM.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 1/15/18 6:19 am, edited 1/14/18 10:20 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Morning, All!

well, now not only is it cold (but at least it's 17F/-8C right now - big improvement over the last couple of days), but we have what looks like a bunch of snow on the ground. Boo! At least we have the day off so we didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to shovel (in fact, DH is still in bed...).

Not sure what we're doing today (other than shoveling). I did a bunch of cooking for the week yesterday, so that's done. I may just read and putz around the house. Of course, I could always clean something (ugh...).

sorry to hear about the migraine. I used to get them (although fortunately not horrible ones - my sister gets those!), but I haven't had one in a few years. It might have been menopause that killed them, since I know that's not uncommon - and I'm pretty sure I haven't had one since I went through menopause.

Accountability was great yesterday - although I'm feeling a little water-logged this morning from the tuna salad (lunch) and the ham & bean soup (dinner) (SALT!). Lots of fluids today should take care of that.

QOTD: I love blues and greens - so I'd say teal/turquoise. It's in the middle. Plus I think it's my favorite color regardless - I seem to gravitate toward it a lot (e.g., sweaters).

2 years 7 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with 1 T apple butter mixed in and 2 T high fiber cereal

S: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax latte shake

L: either tuna/chickpea salad in a Flat Out FoldIt or a cup of ham & bean soup

D: I've GOT to eat that leftover fajita-like thing I had for lunch the other day. About a cup of it - meat & veggies only. DH can have the rest of the meat & veggies plus the tortillas and rice

other snacks if needed and if I can fit them into my calorie budget: raw veggies with Greek yogurt dip, another Greek yogurt, a piece of crustless protein pumpkin pie, or 2 T peanut butter on celery sticks

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

CarlRay
on 1/15/18 6:24 am, edited 1/14/18 10:25 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning!

Accountability on the weekend was good, then bad. LOL. I'm still at goal, but I could have stayed the course a little better yesterday. If I'm to lose any more, I've got to adjust the mental side of things and toughen it up. Can't let off the gas now, I still feel like I'm only getting started. I'm not doing "terrible" but I've let up a little bit the last couple of weeks. After reviewing my pre-surgery notes I've decided to put my foot to the rug and see what happens by the 1 year surgiversary at the end of Feb. Whatever happens, I'm not going to beat myself up too much about it (like I used to) because I've already won and I've got this tool for the rest of my life. Never had that mindset before. :)

B: protein bar

MS: 1/2 cup ff greek yogurt with bran flakes mixed in. I'm finding that I need that little bit of fibre in there to keep things balanced "down the line".

L: the last of the beef/barley veggie soup. :(

AS: 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese with 1/3 cup chopped cucumbers, salt and pepper to taste.

S: Unknown but protein-forward.

ES: Nothing but decaf.

All water and vitamins. Exercise will be my 11k commute. It was a good walk in this morning, though I'm really tired. My youngest was feeling yucky on Thursday and Friday, and it turned into full-blown flu on Sunday. She slept pretty much the whole day. I'm hoping it resolves without going through my entire house. What is the flu like when you've had RNY? Is it more or less severe, or the same? That's something I can't imagine being "worse" but, I honestly don't know. I'd imagine dehydration is more of an issue with this, but it's a problem regardless with flu. I'm feeling OK so far. EDIT: To keep my oldest daughter out of the house for a few hours, I took her for a drive and we stopped at a Value Village to nose around. I found a nice home-made knit sweater that must have taken a lot of work to make. Fit so nice, it came home with me and I can't wait to get it out of the laundry. We went to Crabby Joe's for supper, and had a nice time together, then kept our distance from the little sicky the rest of the night at home.

QOTD: Black because it's slimming. LOL j/k, I'd have to say either very dark green or blue. Psychologically speaking, I've read that green is a calming colour (while red is the opposite), and we could all use a little more peace. Not sure how much of that is a bunch of bunk, but if it's got any truth, I'm in.

Cheers!

catwoman7
on 1/15/18 6:44 am
RNY on 06/03/15

do you mean true flu or norovirus (often called the "stomach flu")? True influenza is a respiratory thing, so it shouldn't have any effect at all. As for norovirus, I haven't had it since I had RNY, but I have vomited a few times. It's not as bad as it was pre-surgery. Your pouch is small so there's not as much in there, plus you don't have all the acid in there that you did pre-surgery, so you don't get that awful taste, either. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a pleasant experience, but it's not that bad. Better than before.

CarlRay
on 1/15/18 7:09 am
RNY on 02/28/17

I suppose I mean norovirus. She didn't have the scoots this time, but she was vomiting anything she tried to get down, so she quit trying to eat. Now she's keeping broth and crackers down, and ginger ale. Yesterday it was only pedialyte, and that came up a couple of times.

Whenever I get it really bad, it's been both ends and I just crawl into the tub and heave til I see the angels, and run bath after bath to keep warm. At that point I want to just join them it's so awful. Now with the pouch, I'm glad to hear that it's likely not as bad that way. The rest of the symptoms would probably be the same.

I've had a report, she's gone to Grandma's after having some broth/ginger ale and it's all stayed down. She slept through the night so I'm grateful.

catwoman7
on 1/15/18 7:12 am
RNY on 06/03/15

poor kid - that is bad enough when you're an adult, but as a kid, it's horrible!!

and yea - I bet the diarrhea part would be the same. Fortunately, I only seem to get that once every ten years or so. I think I got it every year as a kid!!

Emiepie
on 1/15/18 6:42 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning. I am glad that you're feeling better. My weekend was pretty much filled with errands and my hair appt on Saturday which was a color so took quite awhile. I am heading out of the office a little early this afternoon for an appt so today should not be too bad.

Accountability: Overall the weekend wasn't bad. Last night I did add a Crunch protein bar and some raisins.

QOTD: I feel strange that I don't a favorite color. I tend to lean towards pink-ish tones though.

Time since surgery: 3 years 5 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Boiled egg, Carbmaster yogurt, and mixed nuts

D: Chicken sausage, edamame, and square of dark chocolate

ES: Homemade Greek yogurt with pumpkin and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber this morning and 40 mins of elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1193 Protein:116 Carbs:79 Fat:52

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Librarian67
on 1/15/18 8:12 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Pics please of your new do!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 119 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.