Found A Website About WLS Stuff.

poet_kelly
on 6/23/13 10:02 am - OH

Thank you!  You said it very well.

And of course I'm not suggesting soda is health food or that we should drink it for the nutrients it provides.  I don't think an occasional soda is going to harm most people, though.  Most people do occasionally eat or drink things with little or no nutritional value.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

AirlineRob
on 6/23/13 7:30 am - Kissimmee, FL
Both my dietician and surgeon said no carbonated drinks as they will stretch the pouch. I would believe them.
Watson
on 6/23/13 8:00 am
VSG on 06/08/10 with
quiltpainter
on 6/23/13 10:16 pm - CT

There is obviously a lot of confusion out there. It doesn't mean that a dietician/doctor is just uninformed. My dietician said that past studies showed people that drank carbonated beverages after WLS had larger stomachs than those who didn't. You can't prove causation.  They can't actually check to see what caused the larger stomach.  It could be those likely to drink carbonated beverages have a tendency to eat more or overeat.  Maybe there are newer studies that have now proved this wrong but not every doctor is willing to change her/his proctocol yet. I am glad to hear that carbonated beverages likely won't enlarge my stomach. I really miss them and there are some sparkling waters out there I would love to try. I am going to ask my doctor when I see him next month. Maybe I can get the go ahead.

poet_kelly
on 6/23/13 11:22 pm - OH

I haven't seen any studies that show that.  Did your dietician mention where those studies were published?  Or would you mind asking?  i'd like to look them up.

You're right that it wouldn't prove causation, but it would be interesting to know if there really was a correlation.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

govtgirl
on 6/25/13 5:32 am - winnipeg, Canada
The information on wls help is exactly what I was told by my surgeon snd dietician. In fact I had to quite all carbonated drinks 6 months before surgery

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 412 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 227 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 119 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.