Question:Sex before the 4 weeks after RNY

Striving4Change
on 8/5/10 10:26 pm
Hey!!

Quick question, why do we have to wait 4 weeks after RNY to have sexual intercourse?? Has anyone slipped up and did it before their 4 weeks were up.... if so were there consequences??

Please advise!!

Thanks a bunch for sharing!!

- Kyra

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers
HT 5'3"/ HW:292 / Consult wt:276 / Surgery wt:259/Goal 155lbs

Don 1962
on 8/5/10 10:31 pm

If you are not careful you can get knocked up!

This is question #1 on the Sex board.  Most docs say two weeks and when you do if you feel any discomfort then stop.  Might have to reign you partner in just a tad when they are about to bust a nut to keep from causing you a problem from vigorous activity!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Striving4Change
on 8/5/10 10:38 pm
lmao, thanks Don...that makes alot of sense. BTW, I didn't know there was a sex board...I'm going to repost there...thanks!
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers
HT 5'3"/ HW:292 / Consult wt:276 / Surgery wt:259/Goal 155lbs

drkangel101
on 8/6/10 1:50 pm - lawrenceville, GA
I did it Two  weeks I would have in one but my husband was scared...lol My doc said  as long as your comfortable and he is on your stomach and your on Birth control...lol
" Faith is the soul daring to go Beyond what the eyes can see"

Linda D.
on 8/5/10 10:37 pm - Armada, MI

We waited 3 weeks.  My surgeon just said that as long as I was comfortable, it was okay.  So you may have to adjust position, etc., in order to not have a lot of pressure on your incision, but otherwise you should be good to go.  But I guess I would wait at least 2 weeks to allow for healing of the incisions, etc. 

curvaceousdiva
on 8/5/10 11:06 pm - Hyattsville, MD
i did it about 6 weeks after and felt like I wa**** by a mack truck... still dont feel all that comfy with it and im almost 3 months out now.
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Rebecca G.
on 8/5/10 11:29 pm - Wilmington, NC
I was told I could do it at any time as long as I had a pillow over the incisions to make sure they weren't moving too much. I waited 6 days and was fine....but to justify that, I'm married to a Marine who I never get to see who came to town for my surgery LOL

Michelle E.
on 8/5/10 11:40 pm
I only waited a week. It was great. Just not as wild as usual.

Michelle
Corrina_Dodd
on 8/6/10 1:00 am
My doctor said when you feel up to it go ahead. I had sex on my first day home. No problems. Of course if you feel pain etc. STOP!! You did not have surgery on your female organs, but it could harm your tummy. Be creative there are ways around your partner touching your tummy. Have Fun

HW 252  SW 240  GW130  CW 143LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Tonya S.
on 8/6/10 2:30 am
I was about 2 weeks out, and my belly was sore the next day. But it was wonderful, just not as lively as usual...:)
I don't think that the surgeon even said how long to wait, just do what you feel up to and it should be fine!
Have FUN!

" You will be safe in his arms, the hands that hold the world are holding your heart"
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 228 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 120 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.